Main Menu

Prog 1916 - Last Orders!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 31 January, 2015, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Nerve centre has a prize contest for the 70mm Dredd Lawmaster model

Dredd: the stomm hits the fan and Anderson gets the Colonial Marines "Lets rock!" moment

There's a detailed ad for the Mezco figure

Ulysses Sweet is the best there is at what he does but what he does is totally bonkers.

Orlok is still out in the cold but for how long?

It's all kicking off in The Order as the Wurmverse approaches

And in Savage there's a touching family moment.

ZenArcade

Excellent stuff Eammon. There'll be a lot of Squaxx hitting that competition. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 31 January, 2015, 11:31:58 AM
And in Savage there's a touching family moment.
I can't tell whether this is ironic or not - I shall find out on Wednesday  :)

Magnetica

Goodness me that's some cover. Not sure if I'll have my lunch now :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Only read Dredd and Savage. I'll struggle through the rest in the course of the week.

But Dredd, wow.

It's Wagner's take on Aliens, with added breaking of Hollywood rules: [spoiler]the cute kid buys the farm[/spoiler].
Lock up your spoons!

Skullmo

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 31 January, 2015, 01:05:17 PM
Only read Dredd and Savage. I'll struggle through the rest in the course of the week.

But Dredd, wow.

It's Wagner's take on Aliens, with added breaking of Hollywood rules: [spoiler]the cute kid buys the farm[/spoiler].

Dredd is great!! After a slow start i am loving this.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Minkyboy

No one else follow the QR code Easter egg then?  ;)

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

JamesC

My opinion has hardly changed from last week but I'd just like to note that I really love the cover.

Also, I would definitely buy a collected edition of The Order - it's just brilliantly bonkers (and if Tharg's listening I'm still waiting for a 3rillers tpb).

Tjm86

Quote from: Minkyboy on 31 January, 2015, 03:03:14 PM

Didn't even think to. 

Bit bland mind, but then TBH that sums up this series for me full stop.  I really do feel for Jake Lynch. He's stacked up against Greg Staples, John Burns, Patrick Goddard and Paul Marshall.  Perhaps in a different artist mix I wouldn't be struggling so much with him.  That and the old tales from before ... trope.  Having already been done with Alpha it lacks originality now.  Factor in the Eurozone gang storyline that has already been done in Sinister Dexter.  Perhaps these are the reasons why it just does not seem to capture my imagination and attention.  My apologies to Wyatt and Lynch who no doubt have put a considerable amount of effort into this.  This is purely a personal opinion.   

The Enigmatic Dr X

Where does it go?
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Nowt special, but when I read 'Glenn Fabry' I was a little shocked.  Not his usual super detailed work...I can only surmise the colourist has gone in a little heavy, and masked most of the Fabry style.

Dredd: Yep, as they hinted last week, it's all a trap for big D and Anderson.  More stunningness in the art.

Sweet:   -

Orlock: Yep deep cover as suspected, and now with added fly in that ointment.  Still enjoying this, and don'r really see why Tjm86 would feel sorry for Lynch.  His style may be different to the others, but it's by no means lesser, but as you state....it's an opinion is all. ;)

The Order: Okay....so the robot is a time traveller as well now.....and folk from the future are screwing with the past, while inter-dimensional beasties are.......well, I'm not entirely sure what they are doing....or are after.....and someone is trying to control it.....erm.....ok.....

Savage: Geezer, innit, blah, leave it auut, Dosvidinner.  Zzzzzzz.

Who's doing what with the what now??
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 31 January, 2015, 11:31:58 AM
There's a detailed ad for the Mezco figure

In which, very tellingly to my mind, it is completely impossible to see what Dredd's eagle looks like.
@jamesfeistdraws

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Minkyboy

Cover: My kids thought it was gross and awesome. I didn't like Anna's face much but otherwise striking.

Dredd: "Sweet grief"? Where's a "Grud on a greenie" when you need one? And why doesn't Anderson look like Anderson?! Weird circular respirator because she doesn't have a helmet. Loving the dark, scary story and the art is amazing, it just doesn't look/feel like Dredd to me. I dunno, loving it anyway. I wonder if the Fab 4 have finally got a decent plan because of advice from PJ? Looking forward to it in one go once it has been collected, I think it has the makings of a good standalone to introduce people to the Dreddverse.

Sweet: Bonkers, violent, silly and fun. Catches a missile. Arsom. Tooth needs these strips and I like it.

Orlock: You got me, I thought he had gone rogue for personal reasons like revenge. Didn't think he was still on the payroll. Orlock still has a lot of credibility for me as an assassin and I've really enjoyed this story. I thought the QR code easter egg was cute and an interesting first, could maybe have done more with it though.

The Order: Best thing in the prog. Loving the historical fantasy sci fi time travel alternate dimension B movie mash-up. Especially the slow drip of backstory. More please.

Savage: Bah, just when I was slightly enjoying Savage for once. Mr one-dimension "I'm a baddun me" brother Jack. I would like to nominate "Oh no, Don't start doing stupid things again!" as the worst dialogue I can remember in the prog. Ever.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000