Main Menu

Prog 2006 - In thrills we trust

Started by Bad Andy, 12 December, 2005, 07:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

So who did he kill then? Does that mean that Slater might not be dead? Damnitt man, you're supposed to be some kind of font of highly prized continuity knowledge and geekery!!

Something Fishy

not read all of it but really enjoyed the Dredd story.  Nice to have a story with a bit of a Christmas feeling in it.

These Dredd stories of late have been great.  One minute you think the old guy is softening and then your realise that compassion or not he is still the Law. Brill.

ThryllSeekyr

If Lanely is still doing art for Slaine, then does that mean it's getting towards the end of the ' Book of Invasions ' or is it the start of another saga.

Funt Solo

It's not as if I made out I was a font of all knowledge on - oh, wait a minute - I did.

I think that Slater is dead, murdered by Ravne when he awoke, but that Gustav & Gretchen weren't part of the murdering spree.  IIRC, we see Ravne's hands reaching up to strangle Slater.

The multiple bodies in the bathroom could be anyone - probably priests, going by the holy crosses (which is what made me question who the bodies were in the first place, because we never see Slater, Gustav or Gretchen wearing big chunky holy crosses around their necks).

Remember, when we first meet Ravne he's in a blood-bath (literally) and surrounded by bits of body - so it's not uncommon for him to be chopping people up for his own nefarious ends.

I think the assumption that G&G bought the big one was due to the multiple bodies (actually two) and them being the only other characters we knew of that were nearby.

Only Gordon Rennie knows for sure.

(I like that things aren't concretely explained in Cabs, though - it is a murder mystery strip, after all.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

ThryllSeekyr, pay attention:

Slaine: The Books Of Invasions: Epilogue: Carnival
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Artificial Idiot

"And Hannah looks like a man :-)"

You sure that's not Sinister your looking at? ;)

Carlsborg Expert

Is 2006 on the shelves this week?

Does follow like it would if it was a regular weekly?

And is the regular weekly out aswell?

Byron Virgo

"I think that Slater is dead, murdered by Ravne when he awoke"

Nuts! I kinda liked Slater...

"The multiple bodies in the bathroom could be anyone - probably priests, going by the holy crosses"

Wait - there were priests wandering around there?! I clearly need to do something about my attention span...

[YT-2]

>1. That this story has enough room to breathe. This is really one of those times where Tharg needs to just say to Wagner "have as many episodes as you need"

He has

The Amstor Computer

Any idea how many we have to look forward to? IIRC you mentioned John or yourself being up to episode 8 - is that most of the way through the story or just beginning?

Funt Solo

:: "there were priests wandering around there?!"

Clearly you've never heard of Priest-U-Like.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Byron Virgo

I don't think I'd want a 'priest that I liked' if I was going to gorily dismember him in some sort of satanic voodoo revivification ceremony...

DavidXBrunt

Now I'm not Logan, and neither is my wife, but I seem to remember John Wagner mentioning 50 parts to the Origin story...

Funt Solo

http://amenable.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wtf.jpg" />
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trout

This prog is a thing of beauty.

My favourite bits were Stront, the first Dredd and the Ten-Seconders, but almost all of the rest also made me very happy, especially Cabs and Low Life.

I'm very, very excited about the Dredd history teaser, too.

I am happy.

- Trout