Main Menu

Harmony Krieg - info needed

Started by Roger Simian, 28 November, 2001, 12:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Simian

Hello there.  I'm working on a Harmony Krieg script for 'Zarjaz' but only have some of the 'Harmony' strips to work from.  Can anyone give me a potted history of Harmony, especially the later stories right up to the last prog?  I read somewhere that she was shot and supposedly killed at one point.  Is this how the story was left?  Was she still working as a Pinkerton gun-for-hire outside of Uranium City during the last story arc?

Cheers

roger.

death monkey 23

jont

I thought the whole idea of fan fiction was that you'd be a fan of the characters your writting about?

nathan

"I thought the whole idea of fan fiction was that you'd be a fan of the characters you're writing about? "

Have you seen Zarjaz? I don't think 'fan fiction' is strictly accurate. The contributors were pros and aspiring pros as well as fans and the editor's emphasis was on producing readable high standard work rather than indulgent fan fantasies.

Anyway, who says you need to have read everything a character's ever appeared in to be a fan?

N

jont

It is fan fiction. It's a fact not an insult.

nathan

I was showing my ignorance of fan fiction by implying it is indulgent. I think 'fan', like 'amateur', is a term open to misinterpretation.
Apologies to anyone who was offended by that implication.

N

Roger Simian

Thanks for all your help.  Don't know what I would've done without you guys.

nathan

Hey, careful with that sarcasm, Roger. I'm on your side!

As far as I can tell all the Harmony stories were written by Chris Standley. If anyone else wrote any I don't know about them, but the Standley ones were:
Blood and Snow  2.55 to 2.60
Homeward Bound  2.62
Transient 114  2.73 to 2.76
Genocide  3.01 to 3.06
Headcase 3.08 to 3.10
Hell Gate  3.18 to 3.19
Killer Instinct  3.24 to 3.25

I've not read most of them, so I can't help you with the story, but maybe this list will jog other people's memory.

N

Roger Simian