Main Menu

Judge Dredd - False Witness (IDW)

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 June, 2020, 09:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 November, 2020, 04:45:24 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether the Essentials line helps with that. (The Case Files in theory should have, but that first book is, arguably, a bit shit these days. There's a good reason people tend to suggest new readers start around vol 3 or 4.)

Honestly, they should start with 32. Full colour, modern sensibilities, mainly Wagner, and bookended by Blood Cadets and Sector House - Rico II's journey from cadet to new Judge giving the book a nice narrative journey.

You can give that book to anyone and say 'read this' without the usual caveats of 'Now don't dismiss it because it's black and white...' or 'Now you have to remember this was written in the 70's...'
@jamesfeistdraws

dweezil2

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 October, 2020, 05:15:20 PM
Well have to say I agree. 1 go set up. 2 dipped and seemed to move this into place it just didn't need to go and 3... well actually 3 was really good. It moved the story big in the direction I hoped it would. Was tense and exciting. I found I once again cared about the protaganist, not Joe but Mathis Lincoln and all in all some nice interesting revalations and a solid set up for the conclusion.

Maybe all 2 did was prove that sometimes these 4 issue mini seem over padded as we are so used to tighter stories. Like the second episode of a Doctor Who some running around corridors, escaping just to be recaptured to stretch the the time and budget. Here its the story idea. Either way well back on track. So now we need to see how it manages to landing.

Delayed response, but yeah, #3 was far more enjoyable and I'm actually looking forward to #4 and how the story is concluded.
Hoping it's of a similarly high quality. :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo