Main Menu

Happy 2009 : Resolutions

Started by Buttonman, 01 January, 2009, 12:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Happy 2009 to the board and yours.

Me and the wife are hunkered down watching Jools Holland and attacking the 3rd bottle of red. So much more fun than those wet nights in George Square where a few kisses meant a long trek home to Dennistoun.

Anyway, with the year ahead streching forth does anyone want to share their resolutions?

I normally post a few on the blog but for a greater audience I'll list 3. If we all do the same we can reconvene in a year and decide who failed by the largest margin?

1) Lose 2 stone. Hovering about 15.5 stone, the chart says I should be 12.5. I''ll settle for 1 stone more.

2) Get 10 letters published by The House of Tharg. Predictable I know but a pull back from 2008's onslaught. Hopefully Floyd will stay in hibernation and I can chip away at his massive 78.

3) Succeed with my latest madcap scheme, details of which will follow.

Have a good one, all.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Happy new year all, hope it been a good one. I'm full up with rum and very merry.

This year I aim to:
1)   Travel,
2)   Discover new music and comics rather then sticking to old favorites,
3)   Improve myself,
4)   Start thinking for myself more.

Hope this year is every thing you want it to be and more.

Pete Wells

Happy New Year all! I've thought long and hard and decided that this year my resolution will be 1024x768.

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall try and do the following

1- Buy more Dredd items.
2- Go home to Hartlepool and see my family, sometime.
3- Lose a wee bit of weight by using the wii fit as a stepping board. I just can't fit jogging about the streets in anymore as it bores me to death.
4- Decorate the house with any spare money once I have done number 1.

I think that about covers it all for me  :)

Buttonman

Quote1- Buy more Dredd items.

There are no more Dredd items, unless they perfect laser printing onto dog turds.

Quote3- Lose a wee bit of weight

A common theme - a 2000adonline fit club in the offing?

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: "Buttonman"
Quote3- Lose a wee bit of weight

A common theme - a 2000adonline fit club in the offing?

I would be more then happy a gain a bit of weight if there some going spare.

Bouwel

Happy new year!

The only resolution I have is to read the posting list fully to save having to put 'I don't do resolutions' into multiple threads.

In other news...god I feel bad this morning *self inflicted injuries*

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Peter Wolf

Happy 2009

Its nice to wake up feeling better instead of worse.I felt like death last night due to a cold.

Anyway : 1:Keep moving forward with self improvement.Be less impulsive , aggressive and self centred etc.GEt even fitter than i am already.Focus on the positive rather than negative and not take anything for granted and realise how fortunate i am.

2:Keep developing my artwork and create a website for it plus creating a writers website with a friend plus 2 other schemes.

3: Move house and move to a different town and make a fresh start.Sick of it here.

4:Try and improve my terrible attention span when working at home.

5:Try and get up earlier [very likely to fail]

6:Try and be more sociable.

7:Try not to get affected by the economic situation and keep moving forwards.

Thats enough.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

W. R. Logan

Ahh resolution time:

1] Lose weight, the No.2's are getting a bit snug
2] Decide whether to skip being Squadron Sergeant Major and join the dark side and go for my commision
3] Sort out my spare room by the end of January and start my first full read through of 2000 for 3 years
4] Get my 2000AD mojo back
5] Write letters instead of sending e-mails

pauljholden

TordelBack

1. Try to have another sprog.  Even if we don't succeed, the attempt is its own reward.
2. Try not to think about work every single bloody minute of my life.
3. Spend far less time online desperately trying to think about anything other than work (oh the irony).
4. Spend most of the time saved with my family.
5. Spend the rest of the time saved with my friends doing something other than drinking and moaning.
6. Get the bloody garden under control.  It's the size of a picnic rug, how hard can it be?
7. Get fit again.  This year I had lost the requisite 3 stone by the end of May, and ended up putting it all back on because I couldn't find the time for exercise or proper fod, and sat in the office eating biscuits and typing at you bastards instead.  
8. Learn to helm the dinghy I normally crew without killing anyone.
9.  If I don't manage Resolution No. 1, visit the brother in Oz next Winter instead.
10.  Get one bloody letter printed.

House of Usher

I don't do New Year's resolutions either, but this year is an exception. So...

1. Become a real person again in 2009 instead of being a sort of phantom
2. Do my best to get back into a professional occupational role that pays more than just my mortgage
3. Buy a rowing machine - it's been 13 months since I had time to do real exercise
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Happy New Year folks!

Sod fitness and diet, my resolutions are all rather techie -

1. Sit down with books, manuals and tutorials and really learn how to use my digital SLR, photoshop, Corel Draw, Google sketch and my pen-tablet software.

2. Give my PC some long-overdue TLC - run all those long winded scans and diagnostics, defrag, compress or otherwise clean up my hard drive, uninstall all the crap I never use, organise all my photos, back everything up to HD and discs, etc.

Quote from: "Gavin_Leahy"3) Improve myself
Now, that's just a resolution for people too lazy to think up resolutions!  :D

Wake

I didn't intent to make any resolutions this year but a couple seem to have made themselves anyway:

1) Try to get Termight Replicas to make a profit (prompted by looking at my bank account).

2) Visit more friends and family (prompted by getting a satnav for Christmas).

Kerrin

1. Grow third eye.
2. Start to train for a new career. Absolutely will happen this year. Not like last year. Oh no.
3. Get unsightly gravel removed from arm. Only been there 18 years. Bloody Corfu mopeds.
4. Be able to do an hour on the evil cross training torture device without incurring death. Bench 120kgs. Yeah right.
5. Pay off credit cards. Eek!
6. Don't worry.
7. Sell a load of the extraneous crap I seem to have accumulated over the past 20 years. But no 2000AD stuff, no way dude.
8. Try not to buy loads more extraneous crap to replace it.
9. Don't worry.
10. Enter more monthly art comps on the board.