Main Menu

Your 2000ad Christmas TV guide

Started by House of Usher, 24 December, 2009, 12:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

There's a lot of TV on over Christmas, and since once in a while we like to spread the word when there's something good on, let's post the christmas highlights here, in one place, preferably before the programme starts!

I'm already regretting missing the first 10 minutes of South Pacific on BBC2, but hey, I'm very relaxed and contented right now, so I'll just be happy to see it from the start next time it turns up in the schedule.

So, what's next?

My next highlights are A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart and Richard E. Grant) on Five at 7.05pm for anyone who's not seen it before (it's a good one!), and The Good Life, 7.30pm on BBC2. A christmas classic!
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.  Haven't got a telly mag so, other than something called Professor What I've no idea what on earth's on the telly these next few days or so, only that what's USUALLY on might not be.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Okay, there's also:

Carols from King's, 6.15pm, BBC2
My Family, 8.00pm, BBC1 (doubt I'll be watching that, but you never know)
Victoria Wood's Midlife Crisis, 9.00pm, BBC1
Q.I., 10.00pm, BBC1
The Hound of the Baskervilles, 9.00pm, BBC2 (I'm not really in the mood)
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm not allowed TV over the next 3 nights as I have to do family stuff. I have to record it all and try and fit it in sometime.
I won't even be able to watch my Blu-ray Star Trek until everyone is asleep tomorrow night, I keep saying but it's a present darling but she won't budge :(

Mike Gloady

My Family?

Oh dear Cod no.  There's always hope, Ush - you don't have to bore yourself to death.

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 24 December, 2009, 12:46:51 PM
My Family? Oh dear Cod no.  There's always hope, Ush - you don't have to bore yourself to death.

Actually, the Radio Times tells me not to watch it. I don't think I'm that desperate anyway.
STRIKE !!!

Daveycandlish

If your Radio Times is talking to you, you've probably started drinking too early!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Colin Zeal

Anyone know if Zulu is on? Haven't seen it since the last bank holiday, so might watch it again.

House of Usher

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 24 December, 2009, 01:48:53 PM
If your Radio Times is talking to you, you've probably started drinking too early!

It's Christmas. No such thing as too early!  :P

Grrrr! Kate Silverton just appeared on my TV and the missus turned it over because she's trying to tune in Channel Five on a non-cable receiver for later. But, dammit, Kate Silverton's on now, and I want to know what she's saying!
STRIKE !!!

deus x machina

Virgin V+ box do0d, I've seen the future and it's available on 'catch up'
Be Pure! Be Vigilant! BEHAVE!

I'm sure my stupidity outshines your intelligence

Mike Gloady

Good point, but not much use if you've not actually got one right now though.

Can't afford any technological gubbings myself.  Sniff.

Trout

The Gruffalo's on at about 5.30pm on Christmas Day. Rose and I are really looking forward to it.

But My Family? That's just shit.

- Trout

House of Usher

I know Christmas Eve is a bit early to be scraping the barrel, but I was just trying to be thorough. You know, for the benefit of eldsters with ADHD. If my in-laws were here they'd be making me sit through it or go and wrap presents upstairs. In fact, wrapping presents is probably what I'll be doing anyway.

:-X
STRIKE !!!

deus x machina

Seriously tho kids, look into the Virgin box (don't get mixed up with 'looking into a virgins box') as I don't watch a lot of telly but when I do i'm never short of junk to ingest
Be Pure! Be Vigilant! BEHAVE!

I'm sure my stupidity outshines your intelligence

House of Usher

I know not this 'Virgin Box' of which you speak, but I do have Virgin cable, with 7 days of 'catch up on demand'. That and the DVD recorder upon which it sits are generally adequate to my viewing needs.
STRIKE !!!