Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

James Stacey

Everyone has a right to an opinion. It's just in this case they are totally wrong

QuickQuag

As bummed as I am that nobody's commenting on the AWESOME SomethingAwful review yet, I think in this case it's fitting that WhatCulture's initials are WC.
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

radiator

Spiteful trolling, plain and simple.

When something is proving popular, even within a niche audience, it's human nature that some cretin will have to rail against it in order to get a reaction and make themselves feel clever and smug.

I get that not everyone is going to like the film, but just change that blog title to another film to see how ridiculous it is. 5 REASONS WHY ANNA KARENINA SUCKED! sounds laughable, doesn't it? Calling it something like 'Dredd: Don't believe the hype' makes the same point, but doesn't make you sound like a braying, loudmouthed, infantile, killjoy prick.

I'm amazed that WC agreed to run such a childish and petty article.

Keef Monkey

Spaceghost

Quote from: SneakeeX on 14 September, 2012, 10:23:00 AM
http://whatculture.com/film/5-reasons-why-dredd-sucked.php

I left a very measured and polite counter comment after the article. Would anyone like to balance it out by going on and calling the guy a cunt?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 September, 2012, 11:39:15 AM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I find it hard not to dismiss this guy as a total penis.

There's opinion, and then there's the bit where he basically says: "I didn't see it in 3D, but the 3D is shit and doesn't add anything to the film."

How the fuck would he know? "I didn't see it in 3D because I think 3D is shit and doesn't add anything to any film" is fair enough, but what he says is akin to saying: "I saw it without any sound, but I can tell you that the soundtrack is crap." No, mate, you really can't.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote(SPOLIERS in following paragraph)

When a group of rouge Judges show up it looks like things could get interesting. But instead it gets even more banal. The stupidity of these new adversaries is unbelievable; three of them all die from taking the time to talk to the people they are being paid to kill. And in a bizarre casting choice, the lead rouge has a very similar jaw line to Karl Urban and thus it is painfully hard to tell who is actually fighting who. It all ends up like watching someone else play a video game on an easy setting.

Never noticed any blusher on the corrupt judges personally.  With 'rouge' and 'spoliers', it sounds like the guy is talking French.  AND NOBODY WANTS THAT.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Danbo

I left a post but it won't show? never mind on with my life.

radiator

If you want to, you can pick apart any action/genre film as being 'for adolescents'. It's completely null and void as a criticism. You could just as easily accuse Drive of being 'for adolescents'. And for the record, Dredd is nothing like Drive.

As for the article itself, sorry, but I simply don't respect the opinion of a 'writer' or a 'critic' who makes several glaring spelling and grammatical errors and evidently can't tell the difference between 'losing' and loosing' or 'rogue' and 'rouge'.

From the quality of his writing it sounds as if he's too young to have legally watched the film anyway.

JOE SOAP

Hairwolf

Wouldn't even bother commenting on this 'article'...the title alone shows the level on journalism on display here.

Danbo

He lost me at sucked. Sure use bad English when you're spouting rubbish on a forum* but I expect more from a a professional writer,especially one who want's me to take his or her opinion seriously.

Fell at the first hurdle.

*Which I'm guilty of with almost every post.

radiator

Quotebut I expect more from a a professional writer

My guess is that he's not a professional writer, but that's the internet for you.