Haven't read the last issue, but the killer turning out to be

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

the Atom is a bit odd.  I'm aware of the character from old JLA stories and that Warren Ellis-written episode of Justice League Unlimited, but I'm still not sold on the twist.
And am I the only one who thinks that the new Captain Boomerang is the son of one of the other Flash characters?
Robin's dad biting the dust outside the Bat-books was a nice touch, though.

House of Usher

Just a bit of space there

I've just read #6. I'm not sold on that twist either, although it was quite shocking. And I thought there were some other quite cool shocks as well. They don't show Batman looking that angry nearly often enough. The autopsy evidence was a bit weird and I found it a bit difficult to get my head round that one.

I thought issues 5 and 6 were so much better than issue 4. In fact, they were as good as issue 1.

Women In Refrigerators latest: cancel that fridge for Diamondback in Captain America. She survived - it was only a stupid android double that bought it.

Meanwhile, the Batman crossover War Games has come up trumps.
STRIKE !!!

Krustabi

I will be standing on all of your brains this evening. You have been warned.

Bico

RE Batman: War Games.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

Orpheus - loser.
Spoiler - overused loser.
All the cops hunting Batman from now on - well, it's not like they don't pull THAT trick every fart's end, is it?  And how would you justify something like that anyway, if his secret's out and everyone knows he really exists, then they know he's in the Justice League - how do you explain to the press that you're shooting at Superman's best mate?  You know - the guy who saved Gotham city all those times, then stayed behind to help earthquake survivors when the government abandoned everyone?
These big Bat-crossovers are getting as bad as the Superman books.

House of Usher

Clarification: in terms of coming up trumps I only meant for torturing a female supporting character to death, as if that's what they're there for, and thereby feeding the stereotype that superhero comics are misogynistic.

War Games was, by and large, pointless rubbish, but there were a few good chapters here and there. I bought about half.
STRIKE !!!

Krustabi

What on Earth was the plot, aside from a big gight involving loads of shooting and death?

House of Usher

SPOILERS FOR BATMAN: WAR GAMES

Well, let's see....

XXXX is a master strategist. He works out a scenario whereby crime in Gotham could be brought under the control of just one crime boss. This would be a good thing, because by controlling this crime boss, XXXX would be able to anticipate the crooks' every move, and before long all the baddies would be behind bars.

One of XXXX's lieutenants gets hold of the plan, and puts it into action to try to win brownie points, but it was only an intellectual exercise never intended to be put into practice.

The plan involves pitting Gotham's gangs against one another, which involves a lot of shooting, arson, property damage, and civilian casulaties. The Bat Family do what they can to stop the crooks from doing too much harm, but it's like there's a war going on out there.

Finally, the wrong crook ends up the boss of all organised crime in Gotham, which could make things worse, because now it's more organised than it was.

SPOILERS OVER.
STRIKE !!!

Krustabi

Bico

Sorry, Usher, I thought you meant it came up trumps in terms of characters killed off.

I do wonder how they sold the plot point about killing off Spoiler to their editors.
"We want to have the teenage girl tortured to death with a power drill."
Kids read those books, y'know...

Krustabi

House of Usher

Because her Dad was a minor villain called "ClueMaster". He was a sort of Riddler knock-off who would leave clues here and there. "Spoiler" thought it'd be great fun to to become an antidote to her Dad, and 'spoil' all his devious schemes by revealing the answers to his clues to save Batman and the authorities puzzling over them.
STRIKE !!!