Main Menu

Prog 1400

Started by ukdane, 26 July, 2004, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therev

I don't care what people say about the cover is GREAT!

Alpha looks particularly bizarre!

Wot get many blokes round your way that are born mutan...Oh, I may have just answered my own question (can I hear a banjo playing???)

Anyway here's a picture that never fails to amuse me,trying to be "art" comes accross as ARSE...it SHOULD be animated!http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Thepreacher667/Moist_and_Dry_1.gif">

Dudley

I liked the cover.  And the point about Alpha BEING A MUTANT is a good 'un.  More big double covers without John Ridgeway's first steps at computers colouring all over 'em, please!

Dredd was...OK.  I know people rave about Cam Kennedy, but I've never really got the point and the art really doesn't feel to me like it's driving the story on.

ABC's were... fantastic (again).  Maybe I should put all my Mills-slagging equipment in cold storage until Slaine gets back.

Strontium Dog was... fine and dandy.  I wish everyone would stop going on about it so much if all we're going to see is light Alpha knockabouts like this one.  And if there is something darker on the horizon, why not shut up until it gets here.

Caballistics was spectacularly good... top thrill for me.  I presume that's Reardon colour art on the IBC - is that the first time we've seen this?

Droid Life, after a quiet-ish month which only made me howl with laughter rather than fall gibbering to my knees with a brain transported to an alternate dimension of comedy, was ace.

Bec & Kawl back?  Excellent!  Just, please, no more League of Uncanny Wierdoes... get back to cutting up your own stories from the wholecloth of legend, Mr S.

Keane letter - he's really beginning to lose it, isn't he?  Come back, John, we'll "look after" you...

Oddboy

I presume that's Reardon colour art on the IBC - is that the first time we've seen this?

I saw it last October - he had it with him at Dreddcon. A brilliant picture!

Dredd - great fun, possibly leading to this rumoured epic? Links in with the Damned Ranger story from the Meg.

ABC Warriors - first half of this was complete recap, which seemed oddly put into dialogue. These are supposed to be robots, with computer brains - they're unlikely to have forgotten what's going on & need to explain it to each other... but aside from that, good fun episode.
Art is fantastic.

Strontium Dog - yummy & funny!

Caballistics, Inc. Ooo yeah! Me likey! Can't help but feel bad that Jenny ain't coming back (or is she? No probably not...*sob*).
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr C

Okay, that vibrating bum-cliff man is starting to scare me.

Slippery PD

I could write a huge description of each story and mark it.  But I wont.  Top prog and demon Jenny in Cabals is just fantastic, negotiation.  Brilliant.

Slips

Dudley

I could write a huge description of each story and mark it. But I wont.

Oh, go on.  Everyone else is.

Okay, that vibrating bum-cliff man is starting to scare me.

Ditto.  And accessing it in a webcafe didn't seem to go down so well with the other patrons.

Oddboy

Isn't it a vibrating bum-cliff woman?

Bad Andy

You just said that to make everyone look at it again.

Mangamax

How does it DO that???? Thought my monitor was up the duff.
"ooo bop bop. Good vibrations bop bop"
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Devons Daddy

damn thats a mind blower prog 1400.
greatest cover ever award short list as well?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Well if it's not a woman, then it's a man who waxes very thoroughly! Although, who can judge the mentality of a nakid rock climber anyway?

Also, there's definitely the swell of a breast going on there..

Mr C

Having spent many long, long minutes staring at the wobbly person, I can confirm that that is a female.

But why the wiggle?

paulvonscott

To quote the Pub Landord

'I was never confused'

Banners

But why the wiggle?

Supposed to be 3D ain't it? Although you can't beat a good anaglyph if you ask me.

M@

Trout

It's all good!

I laughed out loud at Droid Life again, BTW.

I enjoy reading 2000AD almost as much as winning at no limits Texas Hold 'Em...

I'd love to see Dredd playing poker.

- Trout