Main Menu

The Wilderness Years...

Started by Mike Gloady, 18 June, 2009, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I'm back.

I disappeared in about 2000 or so.  Many reasons.  A grumpy partner who complained whenever I sat down to my prog, patchy performance in the progs at the time, financial difficulties, failure of my thrill merchant to secure my prog despite having it on order.....  No.  I know there's no excuse.  And I'm *sorry* [sob sob]

But I did.  I went off to university as a mature student and, despite reading since the run up to Necropolis and having filled a good 80% of my back-prog gaps, I regretfully turned my back on Tharg.  I thought he wasn't appreciating me like he used to.  Each week was a disappointment (the weeks I could remember what was going on that is).  

Anyway, I've been dragged back to the fold by the new graphic novel editions - Origins, Brothers of the Blood, Stront phone books, the Dante and the ABCs.....  Fantastic stuff.  I'm completely hooked again.  And wouldn't you know it?  The weekly prog is totally on form - truly something of a golden age.  I know my pennance is to track down everything I've missed.  

Anyway, I'm sorry Tharg.  I'm sorry my fellow Squax.  I'll never leave your emerald embrace again.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Minkyboy

Huzzah!
Welcome back to the struggle Comrade.

At the current rate of returning prodigals and newbies seeing the light I predict we will take control of the UK in Sept 2011.

Minky
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

TordelBack

To paraphrase Eddie Campbell, you will be permitted three lapses in your bargain with Tharg.  We've all been there - even Dredd's stumped off in a huff more than once.  Glad you've seen the verdant light.

Mike Gloady

Thanks people, it's nice to be made so welcome.  

The fizz can go out of any relationship if you don't work at it.  So I'll be running a bath for Tharg now.  I've got high grade plastic cups and everything.... *wink*

klute

Welcome i hope you find the boards as welcoming as i have :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Kerrin

Paul faplad Finch

G'day Mike and welcome to the board and back to squaxxdom.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

mygrimmbrother

That story is pretty much the same as mine - I think Sp#ce G@rls was the final nail in the coffin for me, back in prog 1065. After that I dipped my toes once, picking up prog 1177, then nothing until January 2009. But WOW is the prog on form these days! Welcome back, and enjoy!

dweezil2

Tharg's a forgiving kind of guy, I'm sure he'll let you off!
Welcome back!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Richmond Clements

Bouwel

Welcome back. You'll never leave!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Mike Gloady

Thanks again everyone.  I don't intend leaving anytime soon.

Space Girls tried MY patience as well.  Although Jason Brashil (I think) was very good on it.  It just didn't go anywhere....

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Welcome back.
you will find that a large majority of us here have a similar story to tell, but we have all come back and continued to stayed with it.

Emperor

I managed to cling on just my little finger nail during the Dark Times but clung on in there. I do sometimes wonder why I didn't take a break for a few years back then (after all I was annoying myself each week and could have done that for free, by hiding my shoes in random places each night) but then I'd have missed the upswing in recent years (although I'd hope that I'd have checked in by now as so many people are).

Quote from: "dweezil2"Tharg's a forgiving kind of guy, I'm sure he'll let you off!

Yeah right. He'll bake you trouser spuds in alien hellfire, then forgive you.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+