Possible Eisenhorn [W40K] TV Show

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 17 July, 2019, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Should go for Caiphus Cain instead - then we'd get a Flashman TV series at long last.  ;)

von Boom

I hope it's better than that Ultramarines film. What am I saying? It would have to be.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: von Boom on 18 July, 2019, 05:15:33 PM
I hope it's better than that Ultramarines film. What am I saying? It would have to be.
I've hd that shrink wrapped for about 8 years, could never bring myself to watch it.

von Boom

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 19 July, 2019, 12:18:29 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 18 July, 2019, 05:15:33 PM
I've hd that shrink wrapped for about 8 years, could never bring myself to watch it.
Allow me to congratulate you on your intelligence and good taste. I wish I had the same foresight.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Here's Frank Spotnitz talking [rather too quietly] about his plans for a W40K TV show. Audio quality is not the best. https://youtu.be/6XPzMr_Mia0
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rara Avis

Can anyone recommend a good introductory book to the Warhammer world?

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Rara Avis on 12 January, 2021, 06:28:03 AM

There's an awful lot going on with the Warhammer 40k but I'd suggest one of the following:

Gaunts Ghosts: The Founding - 40k from a more human point of view, written by the boards beloved Dan Abnett. Very exciting in places. There's tons of these Guant books and they get worse as they go along but the first 5 or so are worth a read.
Abnett's books are generally a good bet, his Eisenhorn books are also highly rated and if you wanted to go back into the Heresy era Horus Rising or Prospero Burns are good reads.

Storm of Iron - basically a book about a massive battle between Space Marines. Some characters reappear from other books but as a stand alone book it doesn't require much background knowledge.

Soul Hunter - written about a bunch of traitor marines from the Night Lord legion. A bit more steeped in the lore, but this is one of if not the best 40k book I've read. Atmospheric and a great take on the motivations of the bad guys of 40k who too often are a bit moustache-twirly caricatures.

I started reading the Horus Heresy series over lockdown - I'm 33 books in and it's a bit of a slog at times, so I'd definitely suggest cherry picking stuff you're interested in as the Black Library quality is wildly variable and covers all sorts of time periods and different races.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rara Avis

Thank you, this is perfect.

Someone else recommended Gaunt's Ghosts but I mistakenly thought it was a standalone book; I'll look forward to getting stuck in.

Andrew_J

Ooh, Eisenhorn would make a good grimdark demon-of-the-week style cop show alright.

Smith

Eisenhorn- first book is great. Second and third are just the same thing all over again.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Rara Avis on 12 January, 2021, 08:11:41 PM
Thank you, this is perfect.

Someone else recommended Gaunt's Ghosts but I mistakenly thought it was a standalone book; I'll look forward to getting stuck in.

Let us know how you get on!

Smith

Quote from: Rara Avis on 12 January, 2021, 06:28:03 AM
Ultramarines series/ Uriel Ventris chronicles
Grey Knights
Brothers of the snake
Valdor,birth of Imperium
Word Bearers series
Space Wolf (but only the ones by William King)
Macharian Crusade

Barrington Boots

That's how much you have to pay for a single land raider nowdays.