Main Menu

The Strain

Started by amines2058, 15 July, 2014, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Thanks for the heads up Burdis! I'll set my TiVo for this one. I read two of the three books some time ago, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Bolt-01

I've read the first book so I'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

COMMANDO FORCES

Gotta say the part were [spoiler]the infected attack their loved ones first[/spoiler] is really quite a horrific part of the storyline! Just watched part 10 and dear me :o

Satanist

Yeah latest ep was grim. Im really enjoying this even though it has that old school Stephen King made for tv mini series vibe.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

amines2058

Saw episode 10 myself last night and thought it was dark but very good. Loving how this story is playing out, as have not read any of the books. Going in a lot darker and larger scale than I thought it would do. Looking forward to see where this goes over the remainder of this series and into the second series.

Devons Daddy

this director captures it with aplomb doesn't he,

very good tv,
the affected? i am affected by its pure genius.
this is a must watch
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mattofthespurs

I've read the books and now have the series ready to tape.
Looking forward to it.

Judge_Debono

It's a cool concept, and the slow build up and pace of the first few episodes was really engaging.  :)

However...
***SPOILERS***
[spoiler]The ignorance of the NYPD is starting to push my tolerance.[/spoiler]

Theblazeuk

Yeah. Would've been good to have had one scene with the big evil corporate man discussing things with the commissioner and the mayor, not just the CDC guy under his thumb.

Since by my count - two FBI officers (in daylight-ish), at least three cops (judging by the wandering vampies) and two prison guards have been killed, there should be some kind of NYPD response or scenes of cops using their blue-and-reds to flee the city.

Mind you, it's a minor fault. And you can't show everything. Like all zombie movies the hospitals should now be completely out of control.

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't forget, this starts tonight on Watch :thumbsup:

shaolin_monkey

Watched the first episode - excellent!  It's playing out just like in the book so far.  Very nice interpretation of HIM.

Recrewt

I missed this on Wednesday but it was repeated at the weekend.  I'm really not sure about this one - it seems to be a mixture of a zombie and vampire tale.  I'm sure things will become evident later on but I am confused about what is going on, particularly what happenned on that plane.

I see people have mentioned that this is based on some books - are they also called the strain?  Just wondered what I should be looking out for if I want to pick them up.

DaveGYNWA

My wife has already thrown in the towel, about 45 minutes into the 1st episode.

I'm going to stick with it but will throw in the towel if they continue to give the warning that the show contains scenes of horror....cos' I ain't seen much yet that is actually horrific (I may be de-sensitized, however)
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

COMMANDO FORCES

If you're claustrophobic, then the latest episode is not for you!

shaolin_monkey

Saw the second episode tonight. Very good!  It's all gonna go pear-shaped real fast I reckon!!!