Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

That's a beauty, Pete!  Mick's firing on all cylinders these days...

blackmocco

Oy vey. That's wondrous Pete! Fuckin' hell...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steven Sterlacchini

I'm seriously considering printing out all the Mick McMahon commissions (they're pretty hi-res on his blog), and making myself a little book.

hippynumber1

With some nice, high quality paper and a good printer that would be lovely...

chiefy2shoes

Picked up my Ben Willsher commission at Thought Bubble. The third in my 'line-up' series of pieces. I've posted the previous two before but I'll stick them here again to refresh people's memories.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Fatboydale

Colin YNWA

Absolutely love these. Sorry I didn't catch you again at Thought Bubble Chief so I could have seen the Willsher one in the flesh.

chiefy2shoes

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I still fell like a small fish compared to most of the stuff that gets posted! 2000 ad fans sure do get the best swag.

Sideshow Bob

Nice to bump into you in the flesh at Thoughtbubble, Chiefy....
Also really good to see your Lego figures of Six Pack and his Crew,  getting due respect from Mr McCrea at his table....
Hope the photos turn out great, he was a really nice guy to talk to, and has several very funny anecdotes about his earlier career and association with Garth Ennis as well.....Unfortunately a serious lack of cash meant I couldn't buy anything this year,  but John McCrea had an astonishing Rouge Trooper huge Splash page for sale that was one of the most awesome depictions of Rogue I think I've ever seen...
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

McCrea is a real gent.
I was talking to / annoying him for ages at a con this year.

Would love to see more of his stuff in the Prog / Meg.

Sideshow Bob

Yeah, got to agree Link...
Mr McCrea seems to enjoy his time at these events enormously........Drawing ( awesomely ), chatting away about almost everything, posing for photos etc....An absolute gentleman.....
And his artwork, just incredible stuff !! ...He had several pages of Dredd / Mars Attacks x/overs for Sale that I really fancied, a glorious Dredd sketch, and the wonderful Rogue Trooper splash page that I would have loved, but serious lack of cash prevented any purchases this year...

Still a great Convention though and will definitely be back next year...
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1