Main Menu

Lost Thrills

Started by Wake, 11 January, 2002, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I have a list of thrills which have been reprinted but which fail to link to their originals, either because the story title doesn't match, or the original data is missing. Please could you have a look at them and email or post any you can find.

The code for where the story is reprinted is in bold.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Lost Thrills

Thread Zero

LOST REPRINT MATERIAL
Wake here are a few for you.

Sleeze WAS in Volume 3, No 40 of the MEG April 1998

The Walter the wobot one page series ran from  2000AD progs 50-61, 67-68, 84-85

The Horsemen of the Apocalypse
There was an untitled Dredd strip in the 1987 2k sci-fi special that featured the horsemen of the apocalypse, so I guess this is the one you are looking for.
Script by Wagner and Grant, Art by Collins and Farmer.

The Urge was a 2k Dredd story. Progs 482 to 483. Robin Smith was the artist.

I think I can help with some of the others but I haven't the time at the mo.

Sorry.

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

goodnight, scojo!

i've wet my knickers!
Steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Wake

Thanks for those...though as far as Walter is concerned, I need to know which of his stories were reprinted in those issues.

Sleaze was misspelt Sleeze in the reprint list
The Urge is the the database as Perp Aid
I've added The Horseman of the Apocalupse to SCIFI87

Cheers,

Wake

Thread Zero

qdredd35: The Law According to Judge Dredd not found in 2000AD

It was Wake! Progs 474-475. Art by Kevin O'Neill. One of my all time fav Dredd tales too.

qdredd25: Cits stone man in Hank Wangford underblock. None of them no why, they'd just heard that he'd done bad things. They are all brainwashed to forget the incident and there is a news blackout. not found in 2000AD

I think it's called Rumours Can Kill. Prog 469. Ian Gibson art. Best to confirm that one though Wake!

qdredd21: Frankenstein 2 not found in 2000AD

Frankenstein 2 was in prog 6. McMahon doing the art. Oh the memories!

scojo

Thread Zero

Er...night!

And please get a new pair.

scojo

Thread Zero

crime1: Block-Out not found in 2000AD

Block out at the crater bowl was printed first in the 1983 sci-fi special. By Wagner and Grant. Art by American artist John Byrne.

dredd18: Beware the Booby Prize not found in 2000AD

Printed first in the 1984 2k sci-fi special. The usual suspects in the writing dept - Wagner and Grant. Very early Dredd art by Cliff Robinson.

CLASJD2: The Blob not found in Specials

If you are referring to a Dredd tale, it may be The Blobs?

That was printed in 2k prog 290. I think with Ron Smith art.

Gotta go now back to my work.
Bye for now
scojo
xxxx

Matt

Scojo, I bow to your superior knowledge of all things 2000AD. Me, I just read an issue once and very rarely, if ever, return to re-read it. I've got so many boxed away it gives me a headache just thinking about trying to dig out old stories. Here's an idea. Why not publish guides to Dredd & other 2K strips. A bit like the Ultimate Guides to Batman & Spiderman that are knocking about in bookshops at the moment. Then lazy gits like me needn't dig through piles of old progs. Tell you what, Scojo could write em!

Wake

I've decided to go with all your corrections including Rumours can Kill. I think it was that story too.

Thanks for the help.

Wake

The ultimate guide to 2000AD is this website. No book needed. However, if you are suggesting that ever story includes a short synopsis, that could take a while.

The current thrill totals are:
2000AD - 1846
Megazine - 274
Specials - 403
Star - 330
Fan - 5

Matt

Wouldn't be a bad idea though. It would be a great help to old & new fans alike. How about it? Maybe if a few of us volunteer to do the donkey work. We could divide the work by prog numbers. Say someone takes progs 1 - 100, someone else takes 101-200 etc. Any of you regulars fancy working on a project like that?

MATT

Thread Zero

Matt,

I have a confession. I have a few guide books at my disposal. They printed three of them in Progs 800 to 802. Plus there was this comic seller by the name of Dark Star comics (sadly no more, anyone remember them?) who gave me a guide, from 1 to prog 1090.

So when someone asks in which prog did this or that happen, I just use 'em!

I remember the story yet rarely the prog number it was in.

scojo the cheat

Dominic O'Rourke

where these the little a5 guides free on the cover of 2kad? and I do remember the name Dark Star, can't think where from though? where they a shop or a mail order firm?
Member No. 10

Wood

Beyond The Wall appears in the Sci-Fi Special 1986 (in your database it's called 'over the wall'), is drawn by Steve Dillon and written by "T B Grover". It's 10 pages long and the last two pages are in colour. It features the first appearance of Dink Jowett and Martha, who appear in a later Judge Dredd story (somewhere between 700 and 800); Martha and Dink's girlfriend Rosie appeared most recently in the last series of Banzai Battalion.

Also in the special (and not in your database) is a reprint of a Wagner/Ezquerra Strontium Dog story from Starlord, where Johnny and Wulf first meet the Gronk.

Thread Zero

D, yes they were those tiny guides given free with 2k. Progs 800 to 802.

Dark star were a 2k mail order company. They used to appear at various comic marts too.

They had a huge selection of back issues, specials etc but sadly they are no more.

scojo