Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Pretty good stories...

Well...except for book of the dead which is millar dredd trope central

Spikes

Quote from: Apestrife on 24 December, 2015, 09:04:22 PM
The cover of LOW LIFE: PARANOIA

I really like the cover. I imagine, with Rufus Dayglo on the cover, that the collection will end with "War Without Bloodshed". Fitting story.

Nice one. Quite keen to read these Low Life stories.

Zenith 666

No matter what anyone thinks of the writing in book of the dead Dermot Powers work is gorgeous.I still believe his work on Slaine Treasures of Britain is up with the best ever to grace the pages of 2000Ad.

Richard

Zenith 666

Dermot power became a concept artist working on games and films like Star Wars and Harry potter.

abelardsnazz

Judgement Day will never be as regarded as the other mega-epics, but it's a fun read, notwithstanding all the destruction. Despite some stupid names, the interplay between the international Judges is good, and it's great to see Carlos drawing his two most iconic co-creations in the same story.

Interesting to read Garth Ennis' self-deprecating comments and also his praise of City of the Damned, which is a favourite of mine, although it's a while to wait before it'll appear in this series. I remember having the Titan book of it back in the day, regrettably long gone.

Pending an announcement in the next week, will subscribers be the first to know what issue 27 is, is it due to land with 26 early January?

Judge Nutmeg

dont know why judgement day always get berated it's a lot of fun, book of the dead is fun as well a lot better than some off the guff from that period of Dredd stories.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 26 December, 2015, 02:14:09 PM
Judgement Day will never be as regarded as the other mega-epics, but it's a fun read, notwithstanding all the destruction. Despite some stupid names, the interplay between the international Judges is good, and it's great to see Carlos drawing his two most iconic co-creations in the same story.

What names in particular, apart from Judge Tractorfaktori?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

O Lucky Stevie!

Has anybody here in Oz find volume 02: Democracy Now! in their newsagents this week? None of the three in the Adelaide cbd which Stevie checked saw copies.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Richard

Timothy

Judge Brylkreem. Although Bruce was a Wagner creation from Oz, so don't blame Ennis for that.

abelardsnazz

NapalmKev

All the names mentioned above are better than " Judge De'ath".

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Skullmo

Quote from: Richard on 24 December, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
QuoteI don't think Alan grant is the writer of Anderson anymore.
Yes he is.

I thought Emma Beeby had replaced him as the writer of Anderson?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Mardroid

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 December, 2015, 02:43:32 AM
Quote from: Richard on 24 December, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
QuoteI don't think Alan grant is the writer of Anderson anymore.
Yes he is.

I thought Emma Beeby had replaced him as the writer of Anderson?

I think she wrote a couple of Anderson stories for the prog (was it the young Anderson tales?) but Alan Grant continued to write the present day* Anderson in the Meg.

*Okay not PRESENT present. I mean the equivalent year currently being covered in the main  Dredd-world strips.