Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Thanks Indigo. Is Koburn ever likely to re-appear in new stories; or is he a character consigned to 2000ad-history? (I think Gordon Rennie said once that he would not be writing any more stories about him, although this could have been about 'Missionary Man' instead). Anyway, I always liked the character and hope that one day there will be further adventures.

TordelBack

Thanks, Indigo! So that's about  the first 180 pages, leaving 150 or so (Creation, Hostile Takeover and The Deal) to go prior to Saudade/ Trifecta and Titan/Enceladus, appearing elsewhere. Does that make sense?

Apestrife

Perhaps vol 2 also include jive turkey and the recent
"The Really Big Christmas Sleep?

If I remember correctly, Jive turkey is an yule ep. in which Nixon first dissapeared, which would gel well with Big christmas sleep, also a yule ep. as well as a story where Frank gives Nixon a thought.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

James Stacey

My delivery just arrived and the Koburn book has been thoroughly badgered in transit :( First time I've had to ask for a replacement in almost 120 books

IndigoPrime

Urgh. Oddly — and surprisingly — I think this is the first time I've ever had two books in pristine condition. Luck of the draw, it seems.

TordelBack

Quote from: Apestrife on 08 January, 2016, 07:01:52 AM
Perhaps vol 2 also include jive turkey and the recent
"The Really Big Christmas Sleep?

If I remember correctly, Jive turkey is an yule ep. in which Nixon first dissapeared, which would gel well with Big christmas sleep, also a yule ep. as well as a story where Frank gives Nixon a thought.

Brilliant Apestrife, knew there was more out there.

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, we still have:

Creation / 40
Jive Turkey / 8
Hostile Takeover / 51
The Deal / 60
The Really Big Christmas Sleep / 6

So that's 165 pages or so. If that's not enough to fill a volume, it could always be backed by the original Lenny Zero Run (46 pages), although that might come in another volume along with Zero's 7 (48 pages).

abelardsnazz

If I remember correctly, I think Lenny Zero's appearing in the separate Wally Squad volume (18), which will also include the original Brett Ewins story from prog 390 or so.

Enjoyed Low Life, both the noir and comedy elements. And any story which features the Geddy Lee amphitheatre wins in my book.

We're a third of the way through the collection, give or take, and it's proving to be a fantastic grouping of stories with a huge amount of talent involved over the years. Great value for hardback graphic novels too, making it money well spent in my opinion.

Spikes

Was hoping to dive into Lowlife today, but I must have messed up the dates due to the xmas period, and my newsagent had Judgement Day waiting for me.
So it appears ill be a issue behind everyone else now, unless I can sort this somehow...

glassstanley

Quote from: Max Headroom on 07 January, 2016, 08:38:29 PM
Please could someone also detail a list of all the stories featured in the Cursed Earth Koburn volume. This could actually be the first in the series that I pick up, as it does not look likely the character will ever get a trade paperback of his own from Rebellion.

All bar the most recent story were collected by Rebellion in the Carlos Ezquerra Collection TP (not the IDW ONE).

rogue69

I was looking on the Hachette site & noticed if you go to the back issues & scroll down to the bottom of the list you can pick up the Henry Flint print for free, all you pay for is the postage

It is listed as issue 501PREM POSTER1 REPLY

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Hawkmumbler