Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 June, 2016, 07:59:45 PM
While Case Files 12 used the original prog art films for those episodes, the Hachette book has used the remastered pages that Liam Sharp did for the 2006 Rebellion release of 'The [then] Complete PJ Maybe'. Relevant excerpt taken from his huuuuuuge afterword -

For this edition I've had the luxury of being able to remaster most of my colour pages digitally. I hope you enjoy the tweaks. I can't change the flaws in the drawings - there's only so much you can do! - but the blacks are blacker and the colours, sharper. There are a few additional elements of photoshop trickery and generally it's closer to how I intended they should look like at the time.

Liam Sharp, July 2006

Ah, so he essentially did a George Lucas, thanks for the info.

Were the characters beetroot coloured in The Complete PJ Maybe too or is that a printing error?

Jamie1000013

Can't believe this PJ Maybe book had Liam Sharp on art, looking forward to his WonderWoman next wednesday! Can't believe how influential 2000ad is when you look at all of their past and current talent.

Really enjoying the book so far and this collection overall.

Rately

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 04 June, 2016, 01:10:46 PM
Can't believe this PJ Maybe book had Liam Sharp on art, looking forward to his WonderWoman next wednesday! Can't believe how influential 2000ad is when you look at all of their past and current talent.

Really enjoying the book so far and this collection overall.

Don't pick up individual issues of comics anymore, besides 2000AD, but I'd be tempted to pick up Wonder Woman purely for the Liam Sharp art and Frank Cho covers. Looks to be an absolutely beautiful book.

Finally finished the PJ Maybe Mega Collection, and reading the interview with Liam Sharp afterwards it just astonishes me that he produced such incredible work when he was 18.

Geoff

Really enjoyed the PJ Maybe collection and agree with others that Liam Sharp's art is fantastic.  Could Tharg tempt him back, for a guest spot on Dredd..?

Taryn Tailz

Do we know when the first Armitage volume will be released, or have Hachette just announced that it's forthcoming?

Tombo

I believe it will be Issue 56, which means it'll be released some time in... March 2017 (I think)

Trent

Just noticed that Low Life Paranoia is up as the next issue on the Mega Collection website. Given we have 165 pages of unprinted Dirty Frank left and Henry Flint is included on the cover, does anyone have any idea what additional material might be included?
I've had a trawl through Barney but nothing jumped out at me (JD Megson, Flood's Thirteen, Turkey Shoot)?
Already got these in the Henry Flint Collection but always happy to have more Flint in the Collection but none seem to have a link to Low Life/ Wally Squad.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Tombo on 07 June, 2016, 08:52:56 PM
I believe it will be Issue 56, which means it'll be released some time in... March 2017 (I think)

Thank you. :)

Michael Knight

any of you folks know if 'Insurrection' will be featuring in the Mega collection? Would dearly love hardback editions of this fantastic series. My absolute fave dredd spinoff in years!  :)

IndigoPrime

The intro to The Heavy Mob confirmed Insurrection as vol 54, although no shipping date is known as yet. This Wiki page neatly outlines most of what's known about upcoming issues.

Michael Knight

Cheers Indigo Prime! Really hope we get all three stories in that. Love love that story!  :)

IndigoPrime

Judging from Barney, Insurrection comes in at 195 pages. That should fit nicely in one of these hardbacks.

Michael Knight

abelardsnazz

The Facebook page has announced a forthcoming issue, I'm guessing it'll be 40 as 38, 39 and 41-43 are known. Horror Stories, the cover is from The Haunting of Sector House 9. Credited are (deep breath): John Wagner, Alan Grant, Gordon Rennie, John Smith, Brett Edwinstowe, Ian Gibson, Dave Taylor, Mick McMahon, John Burns, Andrew Currie, Xuasus and Steve Dilton.

I remember a Megazine story by Smith and Xuasus, The Jigsaw Murders, and going to guess at Cry of the Werewolf too. Any other guesses?

Michael Knight

'Cry of the werewolf' remember that story from when I used to hunt old Judge Dredd graphic novels in local library after school to catch all the tales my Uncle told me about! Thats the one in the undercity right?  :)