Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Damn predictive text, sorry Dermot. Also credited on HMD is Ron Smith.

Apestrife

I'm up to Young Death now. Haven't read much of the upcoming ones beyond Wilderlands and some Anderson. Hoping they're good. Heavy metal Dredd seems to be a bit like the inferno volume, Dredd on steroids :P

Also. Mick Austin not being credited on Endgram could mean Leviathan's farewell isn't in it. Really hoping it's book 13 Stars of Psi-division at least.

The Monarch

I am curious about ennis credit in hmd are they stuffing the muzac killer stuff into the book?

Klegg Bait

I know I'm late to the party, but I picked up the Taxidermist and Koburn books and I like them.
The quality of the books is very good.
It's my first exposure to Koburn and I really enjoyed those stories.

IndigoPrime

Two vols dropped today:

- Wilderlands runs through to the end of The Candidates, and has an essay, Hail to the Chief, by Molcher.

- Into the Undercity leads with Creep, and then has A Very Creepy Christmas, Birthday Boy (Vince Locke art!), New Tricks, Ratfink's Revenge (presumably the Fink stuff will be elsewhere), First Blood, Master of Fear, Gator, four covers, and an interview with Si Spencer about Creep.

Steve Green

There's quite a lot of undercity stuff - not sure if Cry of the Werewolf has been collected yet?

Tempest, the Vampire Effect, the Goblin King?

The Monarch

Trent

Postie's just been and no books yet. That's 4 books that I'm now waiting on including the two replacement ones.
Really not good and I know any calls will feel like talking into a vacuum.
The books are on my account as having been dispatched but today's offering was the irritating 'card number too long' apology letter instead.
Rather just have my fecking books.

Are all the Creep stories included?
Is Voting Day not in the Wilderlands volume then?

Death of a Legend should be in there - big miss.

Trent

I've been assuming Cry of the Werewolf will be in the Famous Monsters volume.
Rather have Tempest than Creep but maybe in an extension along with other Dreddverse shortlived spinoffs like Marauder.

IndigoPrime

Creep strips: Creep (2.41–44); Creep's Day Out (50); True Love (51–54); A Very Creepy Christmas (70). According to Barney, that's everything.

Death of a Legend is not included in Wilderlands.

Trent

IndigoPrime

I don't recall that strip. The Candidates includes the result of the vote, if that helps.

Trent

Wilderlands and Into the Undercity turned up.
Both very nice volumes, Creep is more fun (and unsettling) than I remembered.
Voting Day is included and I guess at 240 pages the volume was already pushing it without Death of a Legend. Hopefully it will be in another book.

Calhab Justice and Young Death are still MIA.

Apestrife

Are both the meg and 2000ad episodes included in Wilderlands?

Hoping Death of a legend shows up in Hunting party then.

IndigoPrime