Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Yeaaaah! Great news! Kenny Who? obviously needs to be the first (new) book!
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

If it's 10 more books with good content I will stick with it there is still a lot they need to include, otto sump please

Apestrife

I'm interested in what they'll include. I'm hoping for some post doc books. One with Wagner's Dredd, one with William's and one (would probably need two?) with McCarrol's (up to the re-skin story after Every empire falls).

I've seen it mentioned on facebook that the 2000AD collection is a go. That there where some emails sent out. Anyone gotten such?

Michael Knight

Personally im delighted about this! Thanks Tharg!!!!!!

James Stacey

If subs numbers have remained strong they will keep extending as long as its viable. I jumped off the marvel one after the 4th time it was extended ( I assume it's still going). The spine image goes off the end of the last book and it wont be too hard for Pat and Dyl to extend it. It does mean that later stories get a chance to be added.

Tomwe

Aw, not really the news I was hoping for. After three years I'm more interested in jumping onto the 2000AD collection. If they start seeding 81-90 into the last months of 2017 I will cancel and buy the missing books direct I think.

dweezil2

A nice new print for all those loyal subscribers would sweeten the deal, but I really hope it doesn't go beyond 100 volumes. Not only will my bank balance suffer, but surely all the really good material will be exhausted by then.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tjm86

Never mind the bank balance, I'm worried about the shelf space.

moly

I don't mind it going to 90 if it's good stuff but if the 2000ad collection starts in July which has been mentioned then the cost will be to high to continue with both

Richard

I'm sure there are more than 100 volumes of good material, but there's only so much space to keep it all.

The Monarch

luckily i had already ordered a new bookshelf for the 2000ad ones so space isn't an issue....err for now

Magnetica

Not sure I uderstand how an extension is bad thing, so long as:

- they release all of the originally planned volumes first and the additional volumes are just that - additional

and

- they don't impact on the planned 2000AD collection (apart from material
planned for that turning up here instead

Tomwe

Quote from: Magnetica on 04 July, 2017, 09:38:09 AM
- they release all of the originally planned volumes first and the additional volumes are just that - additional

I heard tell of Marvel collection subscribers for whom the first they heard of the extension was getting the newer books before the original run was complete, so that could well happen here.

- they don't impact on the planned 2000AD collection (apart from material planned for that turning up here instead)

Would a 2000AD collection be considered adequate if it didn't include Dredd at all? I certainly wouldn't mind if they went that route myself but for the casual reader it might stand out?

Magnetica

Quote from: Tomwe on 04 July, 2017, 11:21:00 AM

I heard tell of Marvel collection subscribers for whom the first they heard of the extension was getting the newer books before the original run was complete, so that could well happen here.

- they don't impact on the planned 2000AD collection (apart from material planned for that turning up here instead)

Would a 2000AD collection be considered adequate if it didn't include Dredd at all? I certainly wouldn't mind if they went that route myself but for the casual reader it might stand out?

I guessit depends how aware the casual reader is of the Dredd Mega Collection. I wouldn't like to see the 2000AD collection repeat what is already in the Mega Collection, but then it will be left with slim pickings Dredd-wise. IMO it is better off concentrating on other stuff. Goodness knows there is plenty of truely excellent stuff without having to print any Dredd

Tomwe

Interesting to see the FB mods have now removed the post referring to a planned extension. I expect it will still happen, they just needed to contain the conversation. Over on the Transformers Collection page the mods have also been removing some less happy comments as well.

*Edit: the below link still seems to work, but the post has been hidden.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 June, 2017, 08:23:13 PM
Ah, yes:
QuotePlease be advised that the series has been extended to a planned number of 90 issues however the titles have not yet been released.

Honestly, this is something that should really be communicated to subscribers, who plonked down money on the basis of a finite collection of 80 books.