Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

willthemightyW

Trance

Pretty good, definitely recommend it!
Lotta vag in that movie, lotta vag.

Will
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

radiator

Finally got round to watching Four Lions.

Erm, is it just me or is it not actually very good?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 04 April, 2013, 10:54:23 PM
Finally got round to watching Four Lions.

Erm, is it just me or is it not actually very good?
It's just you.  :lol:

radiator

Didn't even make it to the end to be honest. Don't know what all the fuss is about - felt like a couple of sketches stretched over 90 minutes.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 04 April, 2013, 11:17:44 PM
Didn't even make it to the end to be honest. Don't know what all the fuss is about - felt like a couple of sketches stretched over 90 minutes.
I think it's genius, quality comedy that unashamedly insults a serious problem, four characatures set out to do characaturish stuff. It's fluffy guff that just happens to be really funny, did you get to the bit with the sheep?

judgefloyd

We watched Dark Shadows last night.  Had its moments but didn't really bother with a lot of the characters and couldn't make its mind up about wether it was horror or comedy, so fell a bit flat.  There was a rip off from that old Bruce Willis film about the women who wanted to be immortal, which didn't really work.

in the cinema, we saw the new Die Hard - so that's my explosion ration for the next year used up quickly.  It passed the time but isn't what I'd call a must see.

radiator

QuoteI think it's genius, quality comedy that unashamedly insults a serious problem, four characatures set out to do characaturish stuff. It's fluffy guff that just happens to be really funny, did you get to the bit with the sheep?

No.

As I said, just seemed like a massively overlong Jam or Big Train sketch. Wannabe terrorists do something stupid. They get told off by the leader of their cell, who is marginally less stupid than them. Rinse and repeat. The clips I'd seen out of context were great - and they do work great as short clips, but the sketchy, surreal, semi-improvised feel really can't sustain my interest for 100-odd minutes.

To be totally honest, I've always thought Chris Morris to be a little overrated. Capable of moments of genius (as in much of Brasseye), but a lot of his stuff falls a bit flat for me, such as that My Wrongs thing he did a few years ago.

Dandontdare

I think it's one of the funniest films I've ever seen - I can't remember as many loud belly laughs from a cinema audience before. So many priceless moments - the rabbit-chickens; rubber dinghy rapids; "Asian man's head falls from tree" and the manner of Barry's final demise.

My favourite  quotes are tied between the police spokesman at the end "Can I just clarify, the police did shoot the right man, but the wrong man exploded" and Barry's "I'm the Invisible Jihadist - they seek me here, they seek me there, but I'm not there, I'm somewhere else blowing up your slag sister"

Goaty

Mabs

Quote from: Goaty on 05 April, 2013, 04:59:40 PM

And poor crow!

Lol! Sounds a treat, i definitely must seek this one out! (i saw the part Riz Ahmed gives the 'Simba' speech to his kid on Youtube a while back, bloody hilarious!  :D).
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 05 April, 2013, 04:59:40 PM

And poor crow!
Those Jewish Sex Shops are easy targets to.

Buttonman

Western revenge in, er, The Revengers and Adiren Brody getting Wrecked

Dredd Head

Just watched SEVEN PSYCHOPATH'S

I thought this was a good film, Good actors and an original story makes this an easy recommendation :)

Richmond Clements

Goodfellas at the local film club on the big screen. Was as good as I remembered.

Jack the Giant Slayer. Good fun. Some great central performances. The actors, Ewan Mcgregor especially, seem to be having a great time (and he has a wonderful Start Wars nod in there). Good fun and it has what I thought was a cracking punchline.