Main Menu

Slaine on film

Started by Mangamax, 20 October, 2003, 07:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valhalla

Hmmm,

Looks crap.. One of the warriors is wearing jeans and a hoodie, and another is wearing a discman!!

That didn't happen in medieval times!!

The bastards should do some feckin' research!!http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/king_arthur/king-arthur-movie-lg-43.jpg">

Queen Firey-Bou

strangeley enough i just had this very conversation, thing is Arthur myth, is a myth, bunch different stories folklore & legends from all over UK & europe, shoved together. The medaevil period spans, woad wearing heathens to courtly ponces. You could stick gwynhyfffar in a space ship & it would be no less appocraphal or inaccurate than the story we know.

however the story we know, is the one we know, & i object to it being hugely mucked around with. The cornell books are great, i also favor the zimmer Bradley ones. I've always had more sympathies with morgan la fey, morrigun or whatever, the dark, witch crow goddess type archetype. shes the one that wore woad as far as our fables go, Guinevere, is the dicotomy between the new & old religions whos hypocracy desroyed Arthur & the hope of uniting the tribes. Thats the tale i like. dress her in leather all you like, shes a lancelot flirting up tight sllllaaaaaag.

Mangamax

Cool pics - where they from?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

NikolaiDante

Bou, were you drunk when you posted this last message? All vestiges of grammer, syntax, spelling and punctuation were purged....

Dante The English Teacher
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense

Slippery PD

Guinevere, is the dicotomy between the new & old religions whos hypocracy desroyed Arthur & the hope of uniting the tribes

Its strange how people view tales differently.  Ive always thought of Guinevere as a very young woman,who was wined, dined and romanced by a much older and experienced man.  Who didnt really know what she wanted, then when she discovered it gets critiicsed for it.......

Were talking about Diana, correct :)

Yer Slips

Quirkafleeg

Did Arthur grease the hoove's over her horse then?

petemaskreplica

on second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot.

It is a silly place.

Mangamax

"I am Arthur, King of the Britons..."

"Pull the other one"
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Misanthrope

I prefer the King Arthur in The Army of darkness.

"This is my BOOM stick!"

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?