Main Menu

Periodic Story Comp Navel-Gazing Crisis Of Confidence Thread

Started by Lady Festina, 30 October, 2012, 07:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitBloke

Quote from: bluemeanie on 31 October, 2012, 09:39:35 AM
Pretty sure the only way to spark real interest is to give people stuff to wring their hands about

Thought about this and then thought, must go and buy some more eggs and fags and stop cluttering up this thread, then remembered I should at least pretend to think in a straight line... which brought me to...  How about a free-for-all for themes for a month, letting people write whatever 2000AD-related short fiction they fancy?  The theme-setting certainly serves a useful function but I don't think it's essential every month.

There might be the world's best short fiction writer out there just waiting for their chance to wow us with their captivatingly fine-tuned take on anything from Big Dave to Grey Area or from Trash to Damnation Station, only they've not quite had an 'in' to poke their entries through lately. 

(Grud if I know who that somebody is, though.  Watch out!  It could be... YOU!)
So this is der place then, Johnny?

IAMTHESYSTEM

My story of sado masochistic citizens in the Mega City deliberately provoking the Judges to beat them up can at last find an airing! Thrill to the pain, man!!

:-\ Er I'll have to write it out first of course once they've given me some 'justice' here at the asylum.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

I'd love to see hard copy collections of all the stories entered so far, maybe in annual or bi-annual volumes with some illustrations here and there. At the end of the year, each winner gets a copy just in time for Christmas.

An Art Comp companion volume would be good too.

Squaxxis of Evil.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

NapalmKev

Quote from: WhitBloke on 31 October, 2012, 10:54:14 AM

The theme-setting certainly serves a useful function but I don't think it's essential every month.

There might be the world's best short fiction writer out there just waiting for their chance to wow us with their captivatingly fine-tuned take on anything from Big Dave to Grey Area or from Trash to Damnation Station, only they've not quite had an 'in' to poke their entries through lately. 

(Grud if I know who that somebody is, though.  Watch out!  It could be... YOU!)

Great idea! I've got an idea for a 'Trash' story, (I was a big fan of Trash back in the day, the character has been woefully underused. And considering the planet is going down the toilet a revival of this particular character seems entirely relevant!!!)

And 'Dead Meat' also!

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 October, 2012, 12:07:01 PM
I'd love to see hard copy collections of all the stories entered so far, maybe in annual or bi-annual volumes with some illustrations here and there. At the end of the year, each winner gets a copy just in time for Christmas.

An Art Comp companion volume would be good too.

Squaxxis of Evil.

The Kickstarter fund begins here :P