Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard S.

For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

CalHab

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 May, 2020, 04:38:10 PM
Sure is. I have a bunch of the Moebius stuff from collections Epic put out back in the day. But I'm not aware of any of Colin's stuff ever having been translated and the Moebius stuff is long over due a reprint.
I did ask Cinebook about this a few years ago and the chap rolled his eyes and just said 'If I could I would!'

Dark Horse started putting out some Moebius material, but the project seems to have stalled:
https://digital.darkhorse.com/series/801/moebius-library

Its frustrating that so little of his work is easily available in English.

73north

Welcome to the twenty-eighth of The Lockdown Tapes as The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast continues to broadcast the joys of Thrill-power during the COVID-19 pandemic!

Got a theme or interview you'd like to hear? Let us know at thrillcast@2000AD.com

Before 2000 AD there was Action. Before Action, there was Battle Picture Weekly – created by Pat Mills and John Wagner, the war-themed weekly was the first shoots of what would come to become a comics revolution. On this episode of the Lockdown Tapes we talk to Dave Hunt, who took over as editor of Battle after its launch. From his own childhood amidst the ruins of war in the East End of London to working with artistic greats such as Carlos Ezquerra, Joe Colquhoun and Mike Western, from the fallout after the 'banning' of Action to the relaunch of the legendary Eagle in the 1980s, Dave was at the helm for a vital period of British comics and, despite the challenges the medium faced, had a key role in producing some of the industry's most influential titles.
LINK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vf3sDr5tHo

Really pleased to see this great Ex-Editor interviewed from one of my all time favourite Titles
- Battle
This was  a superb War Comic ,  that only folded due to the daft Toy Tie-In in the mid 1980's
that watered down the stories - especially that character that had a Bucket as a Helmet .

note to Molcher - please interview Gerry Finlay-Day and Pat Mills please

judgeurko

Anyone have problems with the podcast not downloading to Player FM podcast player? It hasn't updated in 8 weeks. All other podcasts working fine.

Funt Solo

I was enjoying the Clint Langley Thrill-Cast and they got into a bit of a stramash with their data-wrangling.

You could count Clint's tenure on Slaine as lasting from p2003 (Moloch) to 1849 (Moloch, again, in Book of Scars), for a span of 539 progs. Or eleven years. Or 59 episodes (at 399 pages). Plus 20 covers (8 of which were wraparound). And a Star Scan.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tomwe

Did I read somewhere that there have been technical difficulties with the Thrillcast? Missing the weekly dose :(

Tiplodocus

The end of year (dated 22 December) is a great hour listening to accompany you on a walk or run. Cyber-Matt and graphic novel editor Olivia chat with Molch-R about their favourite Tooth and Treasury things from 2021 and some tidbits for 2022. I picked up some good recommendations. I guessed we might get a Bolland cover for 45th anniversary issue but some other great names also mentioned.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tomwe

Welcome Back Thrillcast! Really enjoyed the new episode and look forward to what's to come. Harrison! Sharp! The Burns retrospective will be a tough listen no doubt.

judgeurko

Not sure about the new host tbh. Will hopefully get more confidence.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 February, 2024, 05:27:20 PMNot sure about the new host tbh. Will hopefully get more confidence.

Well more significantly they stated that some if the stories we know and love were created after they were born. THAT IS NOT OKAY. I find it unexceptable that the host of the Thrillcast has any right to make me feel so old.

Thought they were fine for a first go and sure they'll grow into the role. Overall well chuffed to have this back.

IndigoPrime

judgeurko

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 February, 2024, 07:48:35 PMWho's hosting now? Steve Morris?
Yes he did the first part. Tbh it just wasn't very interesting to me. An interview with a couple of Comic book critics new to 2000AD.

Colin YNWA

The interview with Simon Harrison is astonishing, absolutely fantastic. Molch-R has the perfect sense to just let Simon talk as he's an incredibly interesting chap and much as I've loved many of the thrillcast this one is possibly the best yet.

As Simon said he's be happy to work in the Prog again so I'll dust of the ol' battle cry

COME ON THARG - GET HIM BACK IN THE PROG