Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

Any chance of uploading image.Not got this yet

The Monarch

strontium dogs vol 2 contains all of garth ennis run on the strip including the one poster prog story

spine watch

its ya boi finn

robprosser

The Monarch

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 March, 2022, 04:01:36 PM
nothing surprisingly

Well, there's still a week and a bit to go before the next book's out, so I wouldn't expect anything before then. The next three are up for pre-order on FP, but just placeholder covers with no details so far.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Given the secrecy, it must be:

- Dry Run
- Wireheads, reprinted twice within the same book
- Mark Millar's Robo-Hunter

Leigh S

Against my better judgement, picked this up today

I think the biggest mmisstep is the Gronk, though Garth seems to think that was the only good thing about this run, which might be partially why his stuff never sdid stick.

My main take is that it would have made more sense for [spoiler]Feral's dad to be Malak Brood[/spoiler], not that either makes much sense

Be interested in the Hogan book (hopefully opening with the Ridgeway drawn flashback story for completions sake)

Hackenbush

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 March, 2022, 05:51:28 PM
Given the secrecy, it must be:

- Dry Run
- Wireheads, reprinted twice within the same book
- Mark Millar's Robo-Hunter

Junker / Trash
The complete Michael Fleischer Rogue Trooper
Kola Kommandos / Babe race 2000

Jade Falcon

Well I finally got round to reading Mean Arena, not bad, but very much a product of it's time I think.  As sports strips go, I think I preferred Harlem Heroes which is equally dated but still fun, while Inferno I feel had the hint that the team had been told to finish it within a certain amount of time, hence the quick ending.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Bad Andy

Just read The Small House collection for the first time. I fairly motored through that in a couple of days. What a good series of stories. Apart from the weird alien invasion bit.   

Dark Jimbo

Next book - Rogue Trooper : War Machine.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Can someone who gets that let us know what else is in it please?

IndigoPrime

Cover states Gibbons/Rennie/Simpson/Weston/Harrison as the primary contributors. So that suggests War Machine and probably Glimmer Rats (Rennie/Harrison). Together, that's about 130 pages of strip, leaving 50–100, depending on how chunky the volume will be.

Dunno about where Weston sits in war comics. He did a few Rogue one-offs for yearbooks/annuals, and maybe Scavenger of Souls (48 pages) will be in there.

sintec

Hoping Weston means we're getting the John Smith penned annual stories - I've heard good things about those.

The Monarch

ohhh does that mean we'll get enfleshlings the not killing time at all no sir rogue story?