Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, Weston illustrated Scavenger of Souls and G.I. Blue for the Prog, and then Enfleshlings, Decoys, Shock Tactics and Hill 392 for other publications. Two of those were apparently reprinted in the Meg (291 and 293). Of course, that's not to say there won't be a bunch of other creators in this book.

(I did wonder whether Gordon Rennie being listed might mean Hunted is in the book, but Mark Harrison would suggest not. The only thing that makes sense is Glimmer Rats for a similarly gritty future war take as War Machine.)

Tomontherun94

Mean Arena Vol 1 and Dogs Vol 2 just arrived. How is Ennis' work regarded on this run cos tbh I've seen very little positivity about most his work on the prog.

IndigoPrime

Broadly, I think people have some time for Monsters, but not so much for what followed. There's a ham-fisted moment in one of the Gronk tales that's full-fat nadir—probably the worst moment for me in the entire Strontium Dog(s) continuity. However, How The Gronk Got His Heartses is all rather lovely (if not nearly enough for me to cherry-pick the volume).

Tomontherun94

Thanks IP, while I appreciate the collection including this book for the sake of completeness, plus some decent stuff in there as you say, the back matter is pretty much dedicated to Ennis slagging off his own work again. Smith's intro says Vol 3 includes some actual behind the scenes info (mostly editorial vs Hogan) so looking forward for some insight behind the series.

Swerty

Richard

Thanks for this info, think I might buy this one.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Swerty on 29 March, 2022, 11:05:57 AM
120 Finn
121 Mean arena 2

More importantly, it's Finn volume 1, which means there are now only six unknown volumes...
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Yikes @ more Finn. Not surprising, perhaps, but I'm happy I took that off-ramp. 4/10 hit rate for me so far, which is somewhat down on the previous extension (around 8/10). Still, glad it's continuing and happy to cherry-pick War Machine, while curious as to whatever else it'll have in there.

Tomwe

Just been back to the facebook page for the first time in a while and seen Armoured Gideon *isnt* on the list. HOW CAN THIS BE! But SinDex goes to 7 & Necronauts is in.

Jimbo, care to share your list?

IndigoPrime

Yep—no Armoured Gideon was confirmed a while back, which I think is a great pity. I suspect not enough of it is in a format that could be made readily available for these volumes. I imagine what we'll get at this is mostly whatever is already in digital.

The Monarch

finn can easily fit into two volumes heck vol 1 seems to be the first two arcs and the crisis castoff if my sums are correct

Max Headroom

Has a second book of 'The Order' been ruled out?

The Monarch

it would be kinda hard to do a second book of the order when the first one came out it was up to date since then there has been two more series

Hackenbush

Quote from: The Monarch on 29 March, 2022, 05:02:38 PM
finn can easily fit into two volumes heck vol 1 seems to be the first two arcs and the crisis castoff if my sums are correct

I'm curious if we've had a confirmation that treasury of British comics will do a volume three collection of third world war? The rest of the Crisis episodes should fit in a final volume. I hope they don't leave it hanging.

Max Headroom

Quote from: The Monarch on 30 March, 2022, 12:53:24 AM
it would be kinda hard to do a second book of the order when the first one came out it was up to date since then there has been two more series

Couldn't these two more series as well as 'Inbetween Days' (Prog 2182) be the basis of a second book; bringing us right up to date? (Or am I missing something important here?!)