Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 18 September, 2017, 05:01:27 PM
Anyone had the 3rd and 4th books yet?  I've just noticed a £9.99 charge on my account (which I assume is the fourth book) but I've not had the books yet.  I've never been charged for the JD Mega Collection books before receiving them so wondered if anyone else had come across this?
Mine is the same - I think this is the 'new' style Hachette account, where the charge on the account means the books have been allocated. It's £9.99 as there's a free book with delivery 2, so issues three and four should be with us in the next two weeks.

Arkady

That would put issue 4, if not issue 3, in the hands of subscribers before it hits the shelves. Which would be nice. I take it that's not how it works for the Mega Collection?

IndigoPrime

Depends where you are in the dispatch queue. If you're at the front, you tend to get your books around the time the first is on sale. If you're further back, it's between the two. 

Dandontdare

I decided not to renew after the test sub, but they still sent me 1&2 again (free) plus the mug and poster - I e-mailed just to confirm I wasn't going to be subbing, so I don't know if they'll send me another #3 as well.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 September, 2017, 08:04:18 PM
Depends where you are in the dispatch queue. If you're at the front, you tend to get your books around the time the first is on sale. If you're further back, it's between the two.

Spot on. I'm at the front of the queue and get both volumes before the first has hit the newsagents but only by a day or so.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 18 September, 2017, 07:35:04 PM
That would put issue 4, if not issue 3, in the hands of subscribers before it hits the shelves. Which would be nice. I take it that's not how it works for the Mega Collection?
The Mega Collection's subscription page is more detailed - it shows the two books being allocated (though not their issue numbers since the text is too long for the screen), which then arrive after about two weeks, and then a separate listing for the payment.

Arkady

Do we know whether the Shakara volume is the complete Shakara?

IndigoPrime

It's basically a hardback of the first Rebellion volume, isn't it?

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 19 September, 2017, 10:35:27 AM
Do we know whether the Shakara volume is the complete Shakara?
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 September, 2017, 10:45:04 AM
It's basically a hardback of the first Rebellion volume, isn't it?
Squinty here for the lowdown:

TordelBack

Yep, from those numbers Barney suggests that this just includes the first three series, up to the end of The Defiant (160 pages), leaving some 147 pages of Destroyer and Avenger to go.  Hopefully in a future volume?

Makes the subtitle of this volume a bit odd though.

IndigoPrime

That also makes for a skinny book, given that they need to be in the 200–250 range, according to Matt Smith. Must be padded out some (covers/sketches/texty bits).

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 September, 2017, 11:19:16 AM
That also makes for a skinny book, given that they need to be in the 200–250 range, according to Matt Smith. Must be padded out some (covers/sketches/texty bits).
Here's abelardsnazz on the content of the Shakara test volume from May:
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 02 May, 2017, 12:25:35 PM
Interesting point. I haven't done a page count but the Shakara volume is bulked out with character sketches, covers etc.

Total strip page count for The Horned God and Halo Jones are 187 and 199 respectively so the full volumes come in at around the 200 mark.

TordelBack

There's also reference to Megazine 339 in that list of sources, which does feature a 4-page Henry Flint-drawn Future Shock.

EDIT: which I see Abelardsnazz helpfully listed some 4 months ago, along with everything else we've been discussing... I feel sure there was a time when I could remember things, but I can't think when.

Arkady

As with Kingdom, I really want to know whether there will be a second volume covering the remaining published work or whether I should buy the relevant trade instead.

abelardsnazz

Good to know some people read my ramblings!