Main Menu

2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!

Started by Molch-R, 09 May, 2018, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightybren

All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Andy Lambert

mightybren

Yes :)

I'm developing some ideas anyway... The actual final artwork I'll probably start in a few weeks or so.

Steven Denton

Quote from: mightybren on 13 May, 2018, 06:13:34 PM
All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

You can also post in the creative common here and ask for advice. You'll probably find that for best results you should ask for feedback/advice in specific areas. things like 'looking for advice on anatomy/story telling/inking/composition' things like that.

Getting involved in the small press is good advice. if you are not ready for strips then art compactions and teamed draw offs/blogs are also a good place to start.

mightybren

Cheers Steven, that's really good advice :) much appreciated!

Steve Green

Asking for clarification on a couple of points.

Regarding the topic being Judge Dredd - does Joe himself have to feature, or is it a bit more loose than that, if someone wanted to do a star scan of Justice 1 etc.

Secondly, colour or b/w - use of digital/3D etc being acceptable or not.

Thanks,

Steve

Andy Lambert

Quote from: mightybren on 14 May, 2018, 08:06:01 AM
Yes :)

I'm developing some ideas anyway... The actual final artwork I'll probably start in a few weeks or so.

Best of luck with it!
I really want to make a start myself, but I'm going to be busy with coursework for the next few weeks... :/

mightybren

QuoteBest of luck with it!
I really want to make a start myself, but I'm going to be busy with coursework for the next few weeks... :/ 

Thanks Andy!
Deadline is September so we've got plenty of time. Coursework is good practice :) I'm sure you'll come up with something outstanding after honing your Jedi master skills further. Good luck :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 May, 2018, 11:32:19 AM
Asking for clarification on a couple of points.

Regarding the topic being Judge Dredd - does Joe himself have to feature, or is it a bit more loose than that, if someone wanted to do a star scan of Justice 1 etc.

Secondly, colour or b/w - use of digital/3D etc being acceptable or not.

Thanks,

Steve

Replied to the first on FB but I'd say - Joe/version of Joe is the main focus but you can include any villains you want etc.

I can't forsee any problems with accepting 3D art and b/w or colour whatever works for you!

Also entries are starting to go up todayyyyy here:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45241

sheridan

Quote from: mightybren on 13 May, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

Link?

Bolt-01

Beit of a nercro-post to say a massive congrats to Uwe De Witt!

The latest winner of the Art Stars comp and contributor to Zarjaz & FQP!

A fantastic piece!

Linky linky to the news item!

Colin YNWA

There were some absolutely astonishing entries for this one. They all get posted on Facebook and if I was less lazy I'd ship um up here the way CrazyFoxMachine used to. But Slaine does seem to bring out the best in creative types!

Well done Uwe De Witt - did he win an earlier comp, or maybe was runner up?

Colin YNWA

Here by the way is my fav. You can check out the rest here if you do Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 October, 2020, 09:15:58 AM
Beit of a nercro-post to say a massive congrats to Uwe De Witt!

The latest winner of the Art Stars comp and contributor to Zarjaz & FQP!

A fantastic piece!

Linky linky to the news item!

Stunning.