Main Menu

2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!

Started by Molch-R, 09 May, 2018, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

That Uwe De Witt fella has upped the stakes in the latest 2000ad Art Star competition! Theme being ... well you can work it out...

Bolt-01

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lawman of the Present

Art Stars 2023 has concluded, and since I'm not big on social media, I just wanted to take opportunity here to offer a congratulations to everyone who entered - there were some fantastic entries!

The third place runner up entry, 'Dirty Protest', was mine :) Absolutely delighted to have been selected, it was not expected given the overall calibre of entries.

Congrats to Brett and Alan for second and first place, superb entries both. And a massive thank you to Rebellion, Mike Molcher and Tharg for the recognition and the wonderful shipment of graphic novels!

JohnW

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 02 June, 2023, 01:50:15 PMThe third place runner up entry, 'Dirty Protest', was mine :) Absolutely delighted to have been selected

Bloody well done.

Advent calendar's all yours this year, so.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: J.Ware on 02 June, 2023, 03:02:10 PMBloody well done.

Seconded. That was an amazingly strong field — a podium place is something you should be rightly proud of.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 02 June, 2023, 01:50:15 PMArt Stars 2023 has concluded, and since I'm not big on social media, I just wanted to take opportunity here to offer a congratulations to everyone who entered - there were some fantastic entries!

The third place runner up entry, 'Dirty Protest', was mine :) Absolutely delighted to have been selected, it was not expected given the overall calibre of entries.

Congrats to Brett and Alan for second and first place, superb entries both. And a massive thank you to Rebellion, Mike Molcher and Tharg for the recognition and the wonderful shipment of graphic novels!

Considering the last post was 3 years ago, I wasn't even aware that this was even still going. It seems if you're not willing to become a subject of the state of Facebookville (national motto: Privacy is not an option, join us in the sewer of hate), then 2000ad doesn't really give a fuck about you any more. It evolved from the wholesome amateur monthly art comp on this forum, and it was great fun then - a community producing stuff ranging from pro-quality art to crap jokes in MS Paint (with obligatory piss-stains - I'm looking at you Mr SW of Paisley). Rebellion seemed to have washed their hands of this place, even though it's heavily moderated, whilst the facebook groups just seem to be folks slagging off the comic.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 June, 2023, 08:10:20 PM
Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 02 June, 2023, 01:50:15 PMArt Stars 2023 has concluded, and since I'm not big on social media, I just wanted to take opportunity here to offer a congratulations to everyone who entered - there were some fantastic entries!

Considering the last post was 3 years ago, I wasn't even aware that this was even still going. It seems if you're not willing to become a subject of the state of Facebookville (national motto: Privacy is not an option, join us in the sewer of hate), then 2000ad doesn't really give a fuck about you any more. It evolved from the wholesome amateur monthly art comp on this forum, and it was great fun then - a community producing stuff ranging from pro-quality art to crap jokes in MS Paint (with obligatory piss-stains - I'm looking at you Mr SW of Paisley). Rebellion seemed to have washed their hands of this place, even though it's heavily moderated, whilst the facebook groups just seem to be folks slagging off the comic.

Bit harsh?

If you're posting here, you're in a 2000ad echo chamber. By all accounts, there's another internet out there. Getting Strangers interested in the Prog is no bad thing.

I fear for the forum... it's an anachronism of optimism, from when the internet was new.
Lock up your spoons!

Funt Solo

I suppose that 2000 AD staff probably try to broadcast to the widest audience, which (let's face it) isn't on this forum. Between deaths, perma-bans and the twinkling lights of modern social media - this place has become the quiet haunt of the hobbling squaxx.

I best be careful, though. Too much ruction and matron is sent for, to give us a dose. Don't worry, matron - everything's fine! We're just having a quiet natter!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 02 June, 2023, 01:50:15 PMThe third place runner up entry, 'Dirty Protest', was mine :)
And an excellent entry it is too. I enjoyed making my one-page comic, having never done one before, and was blown away by the quality of many submissions! Really makes you appreciate how much effort goes into these things.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 June, 2023, 11:56:15 PMI fear for the forum... it's an anachronism of optimism, from when the internet was new.

I feel the opposite - for exactly the same reasons.

Any chance of some direct links to the images, or posting them here, for those of us staying as far from Facetube's gravity well as possible?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Lawman of the Present

Thanks all for the kind words! I'll be keeping an eye out for future comps. I've noticed open submissions haven't been taken since the pandemic, hopefully they reopen at some point!

All the news has been shared on the website if you want to see the submissions :)

https://2000ad.com/news/the-ultimate-one-page-judge-dredd-story-whos-won-the-latest-2000-ad-art-stars-competition/

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 June, 2023, 11:56:15 PMBy all accounts, there's another internet out there. Getting Strangers interested in the Prog is no bad thing.

By ignoring and excluding anyone who doesn't want to be on Facebook?