Main Menu

The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire limited hardcover announced

Started by IndigoPrime, 01 November, 2019, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2020, 02:29:17 PM
The announcement was first on the email list, which is the best bet to hear about things immediately, and only then went to social media.

I assume the email list isn't sent out all at once then, because I received the email and immediately went to the shop to find it was sold out. I then discovered that people had been discussing it on Facebook for some time before.

Regardless, it's in the past. It would have been nice if Rebellion had acknowledged that they handled it badly and that future releases would be different.

O Lucky Stevie!

Was the limited, English-language edition printed by Rebellion or Delirium?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2020, 02:29:17 PM
The announcement was first on the email list, which is the best bet to hear about things immediately, and only then went to social media. But people were heard on this, which is also why we've been using the forum's announcement thread for press release material as well.

I believe it was first mentioned on Delirium's social media, but then got deleted.

karlos

Anyone know if vol 3 HC will be reprinted?

Totally missed it...Grr!!

Richard S.

Always worth keeping an eye on the Twitter feed too - the volume 3 hardback was sold out by the time I went to order it BUT I subsequently saw that it was advertised for sale again when 2000AD were doing a countdown to the publication of volume 3. I ordered it then and am now reading it - it's #399 (of 400) so I wonder if a few volumes are held back 'just in case'?
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Jade Falcon

Does anyone know if they are going to print the stuff that came after the Don Lawrence artwork, like the Oliver Frey work?

I have the Dutch print, but it only covered Don Lawrence.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

broodblik

My understanding is  that the whole Trigan Empire will be reprinted. Here is a preview which mentioned the other artist as well: https://2000ad.com/news/out-now-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-trigan-empire-volume-three/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: broodblik on 03 August, 2021, 04:56:04 AM
My understanding is  that the whole Trigan Empire will be reprinted. Here is a preview which mentioned the other artist as well: https://2000ad.com/news/out-now-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-trigan-empire-volume-three/

There was more than one other artist, they were as follows

Ron Embleton, Michael Queseda, Oliver Frey, Phillip Corke,  and Gerry Wood.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Magnetica

Went to buy the paper back version of vol III today. Despite it appearing to be available, when I went to check out, it was flagged as sold out. Not sure why that happens. Had to settle for the digital edition.

IndigoPrime

The paperback is on general release. You can buy it from any bookstore.

Jade Falcon

I got volume three from Amazon and there are stories I don't recognise.  I've only read a bit into it, but the very first story is one I've never read before, even though I once had the Hawk book, the Hamlyn book and have the deluxe Don Lawrence collection.

Are there going to be any more volumes because I would like to see the Oliver Frey run.

Jade Falcon

As it turns out the stories in volume three are ones I have, bar the single Queseda story, it's just been a while since I read my deluxe editions.  The Queseda artwork was nice but a little 'murky' in places.

There is also a print problem with volume three.  The story at the beginning with the sinking of the liner 'Daveli' is missing about half a page.

James Stacey