Main Menu

The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire limited hardcover announced

Started by IndigoPrime, 01 November, 2019, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Wiki reckons it ran through 1982. Assuming you can get three years per book (as in IV) and the frequency/page count remained broadly the same, that would suggest two more books would do it.

Richard S.

For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

The Corinthian

I have a vague memory that the original plan was to collect the whole of Lawrence's run in four volumes, but that may be completely wrong.

Jade Falcon

Did anyone else like me pre-order Book IV and have had delay notifications from Amazon?

Recently I've had two from Amazon that the book is currently unavailable.  Does anyone know if book IV is out of stock or is not yet printed?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

robprosser

It's not out yet. It slipped down the website's release schedule a few weeks ago.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: robprosser on 28 June, 2022, 10:15:45 AM
It's not out yet. It slipped down the website's release schedule a few weeks ago.

Well that's good to know.  It would have annoyed me somewhat if I had pre-ordered and was constantly getting sidelined for website orders.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

And yet ANOTHER delay notification from Amazon.  What is going on, I would have expected this with the first book being a new collection, but not this.  Not unless there are issues getting the rights to the non Don Lawrence material, or COVID related delays in the printing.

IndigoPrime

There are massive paper shortages at the moment. That alone is having a big knock-on effect in publishing. (Not that I have any info about this particular book, but I'm seeing it elsewhere, even with giants like Marvel.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 July, 2022, 10:48:08 AM
There are massive paper shortages at the moment. That alone is having a big knock-on effect in publishing. (Not that I have any info about this particular book, but I'm seeing it elsewhere, even with giants like Marvel.)

Yeah... it's wreaking absolute havoc with scheduling for just about all the publishers I'm working for right now, with books getting pushed back, or rushed up the schedule, in response to the printers having an available slot on the press and the paper stock to actually print the damn job on.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Anthony Garnon

Since day one of the pandemic it's been a minor miracle we've had weekly progs, without fail. Plus the usual specials / Ultimate Collection / graphic novels and webstore exclusives. There's been very, very few delays to the latter either, which is to be massively commended!

Richard

robprosser

I got an email yesterday confirming a delay of at least another month citing paper shortages as the reason, as suggested here.

Jade Falcon

Another delay email from Amazon, this is kinda unreal, it must be special paper or something they're using.

73north

Yet another push-back ( from 21st September !!!  )
Product is available for pre-purchase and scheduled for release on Wednesday 26th of October 2022

Why can't this be printed in the UK ??

IndigoPrime

Presumably all kinds of reasons. I imagine Rebellion already had a business relationship with a certain printer pre-Brexit and is happy with their work. And there might be various financial ramifications of moving elsewhere. But also, moving printing to the UK wouldn't necessarily change things anyway. Printers here are under immense pressure too. So while import issues would disappear in the sense of getting the books here, they might just be replaced by delays in getting raw materials to the printer, printer capacity, or even ongoing paper shortages.

Notably, Rebellion is far from alone. Head to other comics forums and you'll see Marvel fans getting miffed about ongoing delays, especially to premium omnibus volumes. And if a giant like Marvel is affected by these problems, it's hardly surprising Rebellion is too. I'd say it's good Rebellion is keeping people informed. When things aren't going as smoothly as expected, transparency helps.