Main Menu

45th anniversary online convention!

Started by Richmond Clements, 16 February, 2022, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 19 March, 2022, 05:23:46 AMBe interested to find out why Creasy is included.  Wonder if she will be allowed to have her bairn with her.
In background shots of her place online, folks have remarked about the graphics novels in the background. IIRC, she at one point remarked that most of them were her husband's, but I also recall she's a bit of a self-professed geek.

Edit: Oops. I've been reminded elsewhere that this was Jess Phillips. Still, I'm happy to see Creasy on the panel anyway. The more people talking about the Prog and its worlds, the better, frankly.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 19 March, 2022, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 March, 2022, 09:17:01 PM
I'm not sure of his relevance to 2000 AD

Well, he designed the Judge Dredd board game (the one with the Brian Bolland box art and the Ian Gibson board), which gives him more of a connection than some of the guests.

I was hoping the notion I was joking would have been apparent from the rest of my post - but I am a hopeful fool!

I'm a big fan of Ian Livingstone - all the way from his Games Workshop days (back when it was more supportive of a wider hobby), through the Fighting Fantasy game-books and then collaborations with the House of Tharg.

Anyway, despite my thinking that the gatekeepers are glaikit gammon-merchants, I notice that Tharg (in his wisdom) is offering them an olive branch by inviting them along to the festivities to have their say:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 March, 2022, 04:27:10 PM
I was hoping the notion I was joking would have been apparent from the rest of my post - but I am a hopeful fool!
Don't worry, I didn't think you were serious about the wicker man! I do have fond memories of that board game, though.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Probably better to leave weird unfunny nonsense to the Megaverse folk.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Super Mario

AlexF

I always like it when people with no direct input into 2000AD get invited to speak at these kinds of things. I mesan, what the hell is this forum, or indeed the 2000AD Facebook page, but a place where fans of the comic talk alot about why they like it? And this convention seems to be that but populated by people who one can expect to say things that are funny and insigthful because they have to be those two things on a professional level, even if it isn't as 2000AD creators.

For what it's worth, I happen to know one of the less famous names on the guest list (Kids author Louie Stowell) and can attest that she's as big a 2000Ad fan as any of them (although she's actually a bigger Oink! fan at heart :)). I lok forward to hearing her weigh in on whatever discussion she's part of!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 21 March, 2022, 09:50:13 AM
And this convention seems to be that but populated by people who one can expect to say things that are funny and insigthful because they have to be those two things on a professional level, even if it isn't as 2000AD creators.

Its this exactly. I do wonder if there is an element if subconsious jealousy amongst these that naysay the range of commentators present. i.e. "Well if they're just a fan why aren't I allowed to do it. Who are they to be ble to express their views over and above me, me, I, I.".

And the answer to that is these folks are in professions that requires them to think quick on their feet and / or communicate at good, engaging standard.

I mean I KNOW my opinions are worth 20 (I did an experiment to quantify it) of that lot however what use is that if when I'm sat on a panel with Mike McMahon (say) I just go.

"Oh like 2000ad is dead good and ace and what not... l love you Mike... I mean for your art and, like, that"

The Monarch

the horrifying thing colin is i would be the same but with chris weston which is why i am happy to stay on this side of the screen thank you :D

Barrington Boots

Now all the info has been released this is looking really good. I'm away over the weekend but hoping it'll remain available online somewhere for catch up viewing purposes.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 24 March, 2022, 08:50:01 AM
Now all the info has been released this is looking really good. I'm away over the weekend but hoping it'll remain available online somewhere for catch up viewing purposes.

It's a hell of a line up.  https://2000ad.com/news/the-galaxys-greatest-full-schedule-announced/?mc_cid=f4aaa55119&mc_eid=d1a36d3e13

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 March, 2022, 08:55:45 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 24 March, 2022, 08:50:01 AM

It's a hell of a line up.  https://2000ad.com/news/the-galaxys-greatest-full-schedule-announced/?mc_cid=f4aaa55119&mc_eid=d1a36d3e13

Yeah the sessions look aces and there is a really good variety AND all the guests make complete sense in the context of what they are discussing.

My only concern is I'm really busy this weekend and so won't get to watch much live. I'm hoping (kinda assuming) these will be available after the fact... hopefully...

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 March, 2022, 10:40:47 AM
Quote from: AlexF on 21 March, 2022, 09:50:13 AM
And this convention seems to be that but populated by people who one can expect to say things that are funny and insigthful because they have to be those two things on a professional level, even if it isn't as 2000AD creators.

Its this exactly. I do wonder if there is an element if subconsious jealousy amongst these that naysay the range of commentators present. i.e. "Well if they're just a fan why aren't I allowed to do it. Who are they to be ble to express their views over and above me, me, I, I.".

TBF rebellion missed a trick by not asking you to chair a 'which panel was the greatest Panel, Panel'
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Apparently, the panels will later go up on YouTube.