Main Menu

Robin of Sherwood - The Complete LOOK IN Comics - coming May 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 28 February, 2022, 03:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Robin of Sherwood - The Complete LOOK IN Comics - Hardback, 288 pages, 31st May 2022

Published by Spiteful Puppet in conjunction with Rebellion (Treasury of British Comics)

Lots of love has gone into scanning and tidying up the strips for this collector's edition.

Reduced pre-order pricing.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

I've no idea if the strip is any good but that's a mighty good line-up of creators and I used to love the telly show so this amy well get checked out.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

This looks lovely, although it's expensive. I appreciate why it's priced as it, I hope it's not a barrier to people picking it up.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

I could be persuaded to purchase a copy of this...

The pic below reminded me how much I loved to hate Robert Addie's portrayal of Gisburne - fantastic screen villain.

Looked him up there a few minutes ago, poor fecker died in 2003 at the age of 43.

Barrington Boots

I didn't know that, that really sucks. He is 100% my favourite screen Gisburne - absolutely embodies a cruel, stupid, entitled toff, completely detestable.

sheridan

leethomson

Ordered - expensive, but an instabuy for me. Spiteful Puppet did really good work on their Robin of Sherwood audio dramas, and I'm happy to support them.

Hope this paves the way for more Look-In remasters.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 01 March, 2022, 10:15:21 AM
I didn't know that, that really sucks. He is 100% my favourite screen Gisburne - absolutely embodies a cruel, stupid, entitled toff, completely detestable.
Interestingly, he gets smarter and more resourceful and even (slightly) (very slightly) sympathetic as the series goes on.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Corinthian on 01 March, 2022, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 01 March, 2022, 10:15:21 AM
Interestingly, he gets smarter and more resourceful and even (slightly) (very slightly) sympathetic as the series goes on.

The most memorable aspect of his portrayal was the fact his face would convincingly go red with rage or embarrassment anytime The Sheriff or outlaws annoyed or embarrassed him.

Detestable as Gisburne was, he was always the Darth Bowl-Cut to Nickolas Grace's Sheriff Palpatine, and yeah, I did find him ever so slightly sympathetic as the series progressed.

Barrington Boots

He works beautifully with the Sheriff because the Sheriff holds him in such contempt:

Sheriff: "Ninety-nine... one hundred gold marks exactly."
Gisburne: "I did count it, my Lord."
Sheriff: "I know, Gisburne, but one can never be too sure."
Gisburne: "My Lord, are you questioning my --"
Sheriff: "Your honour? No, no, no, no. Just your ability to count."

I wasn't keen on the later stuff when he is revealed to be 2nd Robin's half brother tbh.
All this reminiscing - I'm getting the book.

The Corinthian

Quote from: leethomson on 01 March, 2022, 03:12:15 PM
Hope this paves the way for more Look-In remasters.

It sounds like this is very much a one-off, as negotiating the rights to other series would be a long and thankless task. But there's some amazing stuff in 'Look-In' that ought to be back in print in a more permanent form, most obviously Arthur Ranson's 'Sapphire & Steel'.

rogue69

To help promote this ITV4 have just started putting Robin of Sherwood on at 7am & 1:30 Monday -Friday

rpwillis