Main Menu

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 2 - The 2000 AD Years - coming Feb 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 25 June, 2022, 09:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 2 - The 2000 AD Years - 2nd February 2023

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy - The 2000 AD Years 1, collects the earliest SD strips to appear in 2000 AD after the sci-fi comic it originally appeared in, Starlord, was merged with the 'galaxy's greatest comic!'

Co-created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, the team behind Judge Dredd, this collection includes the beautifully-coloured spreads that appeared in the original 2000 AD run and includes the classic Strontium Dog story, Portrait Of A Mutant. This pivotal tale explored Johnny Alpha's past and introduced such memorable characters as the knobbly-headed Middenface McNulty and the Torso from Newcastle.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

Do we know if there will be a limited Webshop edition for this as there was for the first Starlord one?

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

Now confirmed and ordered by me - Webshop exclusive Strontium Dog book 2. I'm in for the long haul. Just hope that all the bonus stories are included along the way.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Max Headroom on 16 November, 2022, 08:13:48 PM
Now confirmed and ordered by me - Webshop exclusive Strontium Dog book 2. I'm in for the long haul. Just hope that all the bonus stories are included along the way.

Agreed if it continues with the quality of the remastered "Search & Destroy" volume (and being a web shop exclusive) I'll have to fork out every time they launch one. I'd settled for 1 a year but if they plan to do the complete run up to the Final Solution by my count that could be around another 8 years!!
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tu-plang

A bit odd to choose a non-Carlos cover for the webshop edition! Anyone know who this is?

JohnW

It's none other than Brian Bolland, from the cover of the 1983 2000AD annual.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 16 November, 2022, 09:01:04 PM
...I'll have to fork out every time they launch one. I'd settled for 1 a year but if they plan to do the complete run up to the Final Solution by my count that could be around another 8 years!!

I'm really in two minds about this series. Courtesy of Hachette I already have the whole of Stront in hardback. The first Search/Destroy volume was the Starlord stuff, missing from Hachette, which made it an insta-buy, and this volume will have the Journey into Hell colour spreads, greyscale in the Hachette book. After that... I'm going to be paying for exactly the same content twice.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tu-plang

Bolland! Didn't recongise him, don't think I've ever seen him draw Alpha.

I'm pumped about this to get the colour centrespreads, but might have to stick with the Carlos cover, I never get used to seeing anyone else draw him.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 November, 2022, 11:09:58 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 16 November, 2022, 09:01:04 PM
...I'll have to fork out every time they launch one. I'd settled for 1 a year but if they plan to do the complete run up to the Final Solution by my count that could be around another 8 years!!

I'm really in two minds about this series. Courtesy of Hachette I already have the whole of Stront in hardback. The first Search/Destroy volume was the Starlord stuff, missing from Hachette, which made it an insta-buy, and this volume will have the Journey into Hell colour spreads, greyscale in the Hachette book. After that... I'm going to be paying for exactly the same content twice.

I skipped the Hachette run (only got the case files collection) so would be up for a complete Web shop exclusive set 🤞🏻and can only wonder what the covers would be 😁
But they will have to be spread out.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Hrmm

Tried twice to order it but it just hangs - might be a problem my end, but is there a phone number you can order fro the shop on?

Leigh S

Got there in the end - a very passive/aggressive way of getting my phone number!

Quote from: Leigh S on 17 November, 2022, 09:10:07 PM
Hrmm

Tried twice to order it but it just hangs - might be a problem my end, but is there a phone number you can order fro the shop on?