Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 41 - coming Feb 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 25 June, 2022, 09:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 41 - 2nd February 2023

In Mega-City One the Judges are a hardened police force acting as judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd. He is the Law, and these are his stories.

This latest collection of Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files sees Dredd continue to track down the murderous PJ Maybe, take the Scottish artist Kenny Who to court, and stop the angry war veteran-turned-Mandroid Nate Slaughterhouse.

Written by John Wagner (A History of Violence) with drawn by a host of acclaimed artists including Kev Walker (The Eternals), Cam Kennedy (Star Wars), and Carlos Ezquerra (Preacher), this is Judge Dredd at his pulse-pounding best!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

Some good stories in this one, and I'm glad they're including Kenny Who?.

Blue Cactus

Always delighted to see a new Case Files announced!

AlexF

Blood of Satanus II was in a recent Case File - dod you think they'll fit in the rather larger BoS III in as well? I'm guessing it'd be in CF 42 or 43.

Blue Cactus

I've wondered about that too - it would take up a fair chunk!

Rogue Judge

I love the Case Files, a highlight every time it comes out! I really do not like BoS...hoping they skip it in the Case Files!

Blue Cactus

I remember being a bit nonplussed by BoS myself but as a big Hicklenton fan I'd be happy if they included it. The Case Files survived the Ennis/Millar/Morrison era so I'm sure it can handle this strip too!

I haven't reread the Dredds in the prog and Meg from this period so I'm really enjoying revisiting this era. Really looking forward to them getting to stuff like Tour of Duty as I can't wait to read those stories again. I still have the progs but love a good Case File binge! I didn't start collecting the Case Files until around volume 20 was published but at that point I was working at a bookshop with a 50% discount so I was raking them in for about a year and finally reading all of Dredd for the first time (I missed the earliest years and a chunk of the late 80s / early 90s at the time) was such a pleasure.

It would have been about 8-9 years ago I started collecting the CFs and I'm starting to think about doing another full read through them all.

Not sure why I'm posting all this but I have a long wait at Toronto airport heading back to Scotland so I may as well blether about something.

pauljholden

My friend, this is the exact forum to post this stuff!

Blue Cactus

Quote from: pauljholden on 16 July, 2022, 12:05:29 AM
My friend, this is the exact forum to post this stuff!

True enough, just didn't expect it to turn into a ramble! Thanks Paul!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

nzab

Is 'Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 41' released on 1 February 2023 available in Paperback, or only as a digital download ?

broodblik

Quote from: nzab on 09 February, 2023, 08:14:33 AMIs 'Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 41' released on 1 February 2023 available in Paperback, or only as a digital download ?

Currently from the webstore it is only available digitally:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB739/judge-dredd-case-files-41
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

OrnateColt

Quote from: broodblik on 09 February, 2023, 08:52:15 AM
Quote from: nzab on 09 February, 2023, 08:14:33 AMIs 'Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 41' released on 1 February 2023 available in Paperback, or only as a digital download ?

Currently from the webstore it is only available digitally:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB739/judge-dredd-case-files-41

Not for me, I can buy the paper copy from that link.

I already have my paper copy.

nzab

The 2000ad shop website at https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB739 currently only appears to be able to transact the digital edition.  There is no price against the paperback edition.  It seems unusual for a book that has just been released.  Does anyone know if this is intentional?