Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General / Re: 2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #4: SPECIAL BOLT-01 EDITION
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on 17 June, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
Folks… I was meaning to post a quick update this week, just to let you all know what's happening with this.

It's Dave's funeral at the end of next week. I'm going to start pulling the book together over the coming week, with a view to getting it printed up and sent off to Dave's family after the funeral, so we'll call Monday 28th the absolute last call for anything anyone wants to get in.

That being the case, we'll kick off the next sketch comp in the first week of July.
General / Re: The DAVE EVANS TRIBUTE BOOK — LAST(ish) CALL
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on 17 June, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
Of course, JBC.

I was meaning to post a quick update this week, just to let folks know what's happening with this.

It's Dave's funeral at the end of next week. I'm going to start pulling the book together over the coming week, with a view to getting it printed up and sent off to Dave's family after the funeral, so we'll call Monday 28th the absolute last call for anything anyone wants to get in. I'll update the art thread with this same info.
General / Re: The DAVE EVANS TRIBUTE BOOK — LAST(ish) CALL
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on 17 June, 2021, 08:49:39 AM »
Grud, I've been flat out, and neglecting the board a bit so I'm probably way too late, but if not could you please add my name to the list of condolences? Thank you!
Off Topic / Re: The Black Dog Thread
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on 17 June, 2021, 08:44:36 AM »
Fantastic news Falcon, its a shame you where even in the position to need to appeal in the first place but i'm delighted you got the outcome you deserved.
Just done my precount and this one is astonishingly close. any votes today could well swing the result! What an ending.
So tomorrow morning I will count this one up and the result here will determine which team take the Artist Ryder Cup. It looks pretty close too so its entirely possible any last minute votes here will decide not only this tie BUT the competition as a whole. What more motivation do you need? Get ya votes in.

And so for the last time in this tourney I will do just that. Now I've made no secret of the fact I'm a big support of Current Team. I personally believe the art in 2000ad now is as good, if not better than its ever been. That however can't affect how I vote in each tie and even though this one will determine the overall result of the tourney by love of Arthur Ranson's art is large. Its not that I don't love Cliff Robinson as well, the way he produces iconic cover after iconic cover is just incredible. Its just that he's not done enough stella storytelling for me. Arthur Ranson has the astonishing ability to make even the most unearthly things seem grounded and real. He's quite the unique talent and one of my absolute favourites. On that basis:

Cliff Robinson 1 : Arthur Ranson 4
VOTING CLOSED

And so it does come down to the wire.

This one started much closer than I expected with David Roach making Steve Dillon vote for vote but as it went on the much loved Steve Dillon took hold of the tie and took a decent lead. There was much, much love though for David and both artists.

Overall though this one couldn't have been more important as it meant this entire tourney, all 32 ties, have come down to thet very last tie to decide who wins the Artists Ryder Cup. I'll write more about how much that amazes me when we have a result but for now let's get to that tie...

Current Team 15.5 : Classic Team 15.5

Current Team 1379 : Classic Team 1420
Events / Re: Jock Team-up 2021?
« Last post by Dandontdare on 17 June, 2021, 06:23:02 AM »
Little known fact : I used to live in Perth way back in the '80's.
Was run out of town..
Was told if I ever show my face or step foot in the place again unmentionable things would happen to my backside.
So it's a NO from me, think I'll try Shrewsbury instead.
Keep on Drokking !!.

Oh c'mon, now you HAVE to tell us what you did to rile the people of Perth.
Megazine / Re: Megazine 433: Day of Dark Judgement!
« Last post by broodblik on 17 June, 2021, 05:38:29 AM »
For some reason I find myself also referencing the current progs as 2300's rather than 2200's
Megazine / Re: Megazine 433: Day of Dark Judgement!
« Last post by Funt Solo on 17 June, 2021, 04:20:19 AM »
The Dictators of Zrag strike again with a Double Grex assault on the proof-reading team*:

*A twenty-strong team of dedicated linguistics droids working tirelessly day and night to bring you the Galaxy's Greatest Spin-Off Tent-Pole Publication.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]