Main Menu

Charleys War GN for ?1.99

Started by Leigh S, 02 July, 2005, 01:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

In the Birmingham Virgin Megastore.

The Amstor Computer

Bloody hell! Anyone who can, go and buy this *right now* - two quid is obscenely cheap for such a great collection.

Banners

I'll be going tomorrow morning. Sendmail me before then if anybody wants one and if there are any left and we can sort something out I'm sure.

M@

Queen Firey-Bou

HELLO ALL !!!

and no i havent been lurking, who are you ? where am i ...what is this comic of which you speak ?
and how the devil are you all ?

sooooo, hope to have some board time this w/e see what nonsense is going on.

i still havent caught up with prog reading, i'm at around 1340...or whatever.

what have i been up to ?

1) dealing with a crisis which was not as bad as a family bereavment, but like it, and about 100 on the traumatic scale. Incredibly, we've coped, my pysche must have a titanium reinforced roll cage, but family needs come before my emotions...but it aint over yet, theres a trial to get thru.

2)i hung out with the 'Time team' politely declined champagne from Tony Robinson in favor of beer, couldnt make the dig til the last day, it rocked !  me n mini-Bou smiling in final shot. failed to convince exec' producer to fund my siberia trip...yet,
decided i wanna work in co-ordination of outside broadcasting.

3) took my lovely long sufferin daughters & others to REM at loch lomond, feeder, ambulance on tv, zutons, aberfeldy, mini-bous first gig, she managed the mosh pit no bother, boozed bottlenecks, crush, choas, age 12. decided i'm still in love with stipey & wanna be a roadie. danced, sang , moshed, shouted , cried.
stayed at West highland animation studio, middle of no-where, in a 'barn' in thunderstorm. my tiny 1.2cc car made the hundreds of miles with 5 people & bags.

4) got my first comic script on paper, it rocks.

5) met charlie Boorman of round world on motorbike with ewan macgregor fame last night, at a talk, he rocks, we chatted about ted simon, he drooled at my tatts, me & pal then rode bike hour journey back in thunder & rain, slower than the 150mph we went in the dry weather. decided i need to pass my bike test.

6) made it up the highest road in britain, the 'bealach na ba' on my totty wee 125cc, a major milestone to me, hairpins, heavy tourist traffic, overheating bike. Woo Hoo !!  decided i need a better bike.

7) lost another friend my age to cancer.

8) another friend got divorced, negotiated & counselled another WW3

9)Won't be G8 marchin cos i'm going to a far loch in skye with my hallowene death buddies ashes tomorrow.

10) loads of work stuff, if been put up for shop assistant of the year ( tho technically i'm manager ), i think its a saint-hood i deserve... or straight jacket. i decided to give it another year or so, then see...

11)ive caught up with house, garden , art projects.

12) and lots of stuff. a new chapter of life has definately begun, in a shit way, but thats the way it is, no looking back.

so thats some of my list.

and i'll see yous at dredd-con & moniaive, gruds willing.

luv vik/bou. x

Artificial Idiot

Blast Brum for being *just* too far out of my reach...

Only just been up there as well *mutters*

paulvonscott

It's a crime!  Basically, everyone should get it, it's bloody great.

Bolt-01

Banners

Cheers for the tip-off. Managed to grab the last two copies on the shelf (although saying that there are two Virgin Megastores in Birmingham!)

M@

Buddy

Is the second copy bagsied yet?

If not....

Buddy

Oh, I just checked my email. Forget that last post.

(and this one)