Main Menu

Colour Case Files - £17.99

Started by Bad Andy, 11 September, 2008, 09:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

The 2000AD Books website has a bit of info about Case Files 12 and it's becoming colour. However it also gives the price as £17.99. Is this the price that they all will be in the future? This isn't an ALL colour issue after all.

QuoteJUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 12

By John Wagner, Alan Grant and various artists.

Mega-City One: the future metropolis bustling with life and every crime imaginable. Keeping order are the Judges, a stern police force acting as judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of all is Judge Dredd. He is the law and these are his stories. Volume 12 in this exciting, best-selling series collects together more classic Dredd from the pages of 2000 AD, including the stories Hitman, Full Mental Jacket, Bloodline and the first full-colour Dredd strip, Twister.
//http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php

I do like the way they convey the change on the cover. Nice and subtle, yet effective.

TordelBack

Heck, even Twister wasn't full colour!  Looks great though.

And I think with this volume the Casefiles have finally reached the point in my life where I got to kiss girls!  I can expect the stories to be less familiar and the nostalgia more pleasant from now on.

LARF

Quote from: "TordelBack"... finally reached the point in my life where I got to kiss girls!  I can expect the stories to be less familiar and the nostalgia more pleasant from now on.

Cool! Bet you can't wait until you get to the progs where you discovered rumpy-pumpy, the nostalgia meter will be off the wall!

:oops:

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Bad Andy"The 2000AD Books website has a bit of info about Case Files 12 and it's becoming colour. However it also gives the price as £17.99. Is this the price that they all will be in the future? This isn't an ALL colour issue after all.
Printing doesn't work like that, though. With mixed books, you're pretty much stuck with printing in all-colour, even if the pages are b+w. Therefore, I'll be amazed if the price for this series drops. Bearing in mind the quality of the Rebellion trades, I think 18 quid for 300+ pages isn't too bad.

paulvonscott

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the price to rise for the next volume that's in full colour, unless it has more pages.

Pretty good deal I reckon and pleased they are going to give it a go, can't say fairer than that.  Would be great to have it all on the shelf :)  I'd still buy collections of scattered material if I could get these.

Well done all.

radiator

Now there's just the question of whether they'll include the Megazine Dredds ;).

Tiplodocus

Fantastic news.  I'll continue my erratic purchases.

I've got the first 10 all neatly lined up on my book case (and Stront 1-4 as well).

I'm really enjoying this bir reread of Dredd.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bad Andy

Thanks for putting this in the right section, whoever it was.

It'll probably be about £15 on Amazon as well. Bargain.

Keef Monkey

Really glad they decided to go on with the collections into the colour stuff, and hope it pays off so the collections continue. I just don't find the scattered collections very satisfying, its been brilliant to start from the beginning and read everything in context, especially because most of it so far was before my time. Reckon just weaving the Meg stories into the gaps would be easily enough done, and that's the way I'd like it. That's for future debate though I suppose, right now I'm just glad the case files are continuing!

Rio De Fideldo

I always assumed the collection would be continuing well into the colour era but that it would stop being so complete post Necropolis when John Wagner's time was shifted to the Megazine.

I'm one of the ones who wants to see everything and I mean everything (I'm looking at you Teddy Choppermitz)

Bad Andy

But even going into Necropolis, you have problems with stuff like the Dead Man. Does that get included? And before or after the stories that ran concurrently?

What about a Mega City Casebook line to cover Megazine Dredds? I'm sure it won't be confusing once Judgement Day hits  :?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Bad Andy"But even going into Necropolis, you have problems with stuff like the Dead Man. Does that get included? And before or after the stories that ran concurrently? What about a Mega City Casebook line to cover Megazine Dredds? I'm sure it won't be confusing once Judgement Day hits  :?
Personally, I'm hoping Jon bundles The Dead Man into the Dredd Case Files and also includes the Megazine stuff. Missing annual and special stories is bad enough, but ignoring the entire Meg run would just be bizarre.

paulvonscott

I think there's no perfect solution and you can have lots of tail chasing arguments over this, but I think that some epics would work well in their own books sandwhich between the traditional case files.  Stories such as Doomsday and Necropolis (inc. The Dead Man).

I, Cosh

I don't think you could have Necropolis without The Dead Man.

I'll be buying as long as they're printing them, but I'd prefer it to be as complete as possible, particularly given that I've never read any of the Meg stories before.
We never really die.

the styrofoam kid

Quote from: "Bad Andy"It'll probably be about £15 on Amazon as well. Bargain.

Hell of a lot less than that - it's up for £11.87 at the moment.  Mine's on pre-order so that's what I'm paying.... :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Com ... 485&sr=1-1