Main Menu

Prog 1650 - new Dredd Mega Epic!

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2009, 09:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetoid

Origins was about the beginning of Dredd, how MC-1 came into being, how Justice Dept started. It was big comic news for all fans of Dredd. Tour of Duty is just another Dredd mega-epic so there will be less media attention. I'm sure it will be great but it's not a 'oh my God, can't wait to read this landmark Dredd story, three decades waiting for it, we see how Mega-City 1 came into existence' type story. It's Dredd going to mutieland for a few months.  ;D

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 August, 2009, 09:31:40 AM
Hurry up, Postie!

Cheers

Jim
Hmmmmmm.  Not for the first time, I'm wishing I subscribed.  I've been intending to since the swine flu flattened me for three weeks and I had thrill power piling up at my thrill merchant, my poor thrill-starved self huddled in a corner at home rocking back and forth, back and forth.....

God knows why I haven't subscribed yet.  I'm off to do something about it right now....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Pete Wells

Hmmm, the spiffy new site lists Tour Of Duty as being six episodes (36 pages) long. I suppose we all knew it, but if that's accurate, we're definitely looking at a modern, Pit-style epic made up of arcs.

I can certainly cope with six weeks of MacNeil Dredd  ;D

I, Cosh

Quote from: Pete Wells on 26 August, 2009, 11:13:00 AM
Hmmm, the spiffy new site lists Tour Of Duty as being six episodes (36 pages) long. I suppose we all knew it, but if that's accurate, we're definitely looking at a modern, Pit-style epic made up of arcs.

I heard a rumour that Colin's bit was six parts, but the whole thing was going to run at least until the end of the year.
We never really die.

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 August, 2009, 11:53:18 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 26 August, 2009, 11:13:00 AM

I heard a rumour that Colin's bit was six parts, but the whole thing was going to run at least until the end of the year.

I would imagine that's why the Meg will soon start running Dredd Lost Cases in the Meg, so as not to have 'present-day' Dredd being both in and not in the city at once.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

TordelBack

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 27 August, 2009, 06:48:12 PM
I would imagine that's why the Meg will soon start running Dredd Lost Cases in the Meg, so as not to have 'present-day' Dredd being both in and not in the city at once.

The Meg Dredds are just going to likewise relocate to the mutant townships for duration of this arc, judging by the previews for Meg 291 - There's extreme justice in a mutant town in "Judge Dredd: Invitation to a Hanging".

I imagine Lost Cases is going to occupy the secondary spot usually taken by Tales of the Black Museum and the like.
@jamesfeistdraws

mR:sTaG

I'm looking forward to this heating up too - as a lapsed squaxx returning back with prog 1650, i'm stoked to know I'm getting some uber dredd straight off!

It's ironic too that my first prog ever was 964 when The Pit kicked off, Hope Tour of Duty is as good  8)
Thrill-dabbler, started with Prog #964 on and off around the 1200-1500 mark.

Mike Gloady

I hope you won't be disappointed, mR:sTaG - something tells me you won't be.  The prog recently has been better and more consistent than I ever remember it.

radiator

I asked John Wagner about how long we can expect Tour of Duty to run, and here's what he said:

QuoteI've just written episode 23 and there's a lot of mileage left in it. If you include stories like Backlash it will be the longest continuous Dredd narrative ever. Of course, Matt Smith may get sick of it and tell me to stop, but until then...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 16 October, 2009, 10:11:56 AM
I asked John Wagner about how long we can expect Tour of Duty to run, and here's what he said:

QuoteI've just written episode 23 and there's a lot of mileage left in it. If you include stories like Backlash it will be the longest continuous Dredd narrative ever. Of course, Matt Smith may get sick of it and tell me to stop, but until then...

Its intriguing little tit bits like this that have almost got me going back to Facebook with all this John Wagner talk. I most stay strong...

Hoagy

Dynamite. As long as they can, they ought to keep Chris Blythe as colourist.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

moly

well if hes already done 23 eps could be looking at a year long epic.. cool

Mike Gloady

It's already stretching BACK for a fat fat collection's worth, and with 23+ parts to come, well, I'm almost vibrating with joy.*

*EDIT: I'm sure that as soon as the missus reads this, she'll be very disturbed and yet pleased.