Main Menu

Remainder shop

Started by Bad Andy, 21 July, 2009, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Just picked up a couple of old Rebellion collections in the local remainder bookshop near me.

£2.99 each or two for £5.

I picked up Family, Xtnct, Asylum, Banzai Battalion, Red Seas 1 and, erm, the making of Judge Dredd: Dredd v Death.

There were loads available. One of the most recent ones was probably Nikolai Dante's Gentlemen Thief.

I didn't notice until on the way out that they also had Fiends of the Eastern Front  :'(

Still collections in remainder shops - bad sign or inevitability?

Dark Jimbo

Well, look at the titles - hardly top-tier stuff, is it?

If there had been loads of Case Files, Dredd books, Stronty Dog, Nemesis, Kingdom etc, then I'd be worried. But there is a certain inevitability about the less well-known 2k GNs not being destined to sell as well as others.

EDIT - Sorry, read back that first sentence sounds like I'm being less than kind about the quality of those thrills, which wasn't my intention. I'm sure you all know what I meant.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Bad Andy

I agree with the quality threshold I guess.

Also there was Bek & Kawl, the first two Robo-Hunters, Carver Hale, Glimmer Rats, Indigo Prime, Leatherjack, Red Razors, Rain Dogs, Shimura, Skizz, 13 and Wardog.

Roger Godpleton

DJ's point is that they're not the "big name" thrills like Dredd is.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

With the exception of the Dante & Banzais, it's all stuff I neither own nor am particularly interested in (I'm waiting for the Robo-Hunter phonebooks you see).  Not a huge surprise.  Still, I'm glad Twoth are taking chances and publishing a wider range of collections than just the guaranteed top flight fan-favourite thrills - each to their own after all, just because I'm not too interested, no reason why they wouldn't appeal to others.

And this way maybe Squaxx like us and unintiated readers get a good read for not much cash. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Bad Andy

I didn't mean this as a downer by the way - more of a case of a chance to pick up some of the peripheral thrills for cheap.

The Dante was The Romanov Dynasty (I think - might have been Courtship) and there was also a Making of Rogue Trooper, which while being the superior game, didn't look half as interesting (or nearly as detailed) as the Dredd making of.

mygrimmbrother

Which bookshop are we actually talking about guys? Is it the works?

radiator

What's a remainder bookshop? Like a discount store? Was it a chain? Also, whereabouts was this shop? Anywhere near London?

Would love to pick up a few of those...

Bad Andy

It was Bookcase London on Chiswick High Road. http://www.bookcaselondon.com/

radiator

Cheers Andy, will try and get over there when possible.

radiator

Just checked the location - a mere 33 stops on the tube from me.... :o