Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Spaceghost

I think they have to be from an 80's/90's action film to qualify as a playable character, so comic Dredd gets in on a technicality.

It's at the testing stage at the moment but they'll be releasing a full version to buy on the Steam website soon. I can't imagine Rebellion standing by while another video game company profits from Dredd's name and likeness.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

sheldipez

If you check that wiki all of their characters are parodies

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sheldipez on 14 February, 2014, 06:52:31 PM
If you check that wiki all of their characters are parodies

Now, y'see, that's a good 'un. Just a couple of quick points:

(a) to be a parody, you have to do more than just say "It's a parody."
(b) the whole parody thing doesn't apply everywhere. It's mostly in the USA (which is obviously the Only Place That Counts) with some variations elsewhere.

Helpful fact: The parody exceptions regarding copyright derive from the US Constitutional Right to free speech. The UK has no such right.

As ever, I'm just saying.
Lock up your spoons!

SuperSurfer

Tribute or IP infringement?

Good idea actually.

Bat King

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 December, 2013, 03:59:35 PM
I was bored in the wee hours and saw this LIAM SHARP: DREDD POSTER on ebay. I knew that he only did a certain amount of posters and sold them himself, as myself and Pete collected ours at KAPOW. I knew it was a pirate job, just by reading what the seller wrote in all his rubbish further down his listing.

I asked him if he had the rights to this poster and his reply is as follows - We get our images from a digital database so I honesty wouldn't know about any specific limitations that were originally put in place. If you have any concerns you should raise them with the copyright holder.

The cheeky git, 'SPECIFIC LIMITATIONS' it ain't your image you piss taker.

I sent a short report (they don't give you many characters to play with) to ebay, saying that he has no right to use this image!

This is still on e-bay....

Description is great & includes 'If you have a specific image or celebritie in mind'.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

CrazyFoxMachine

hippynumber1

Just had somebody post this to the 2000AD original art group on facebook; needless to say, he has been removed.

http://leagueofwood.bigcartel.com/product/dredd

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 02 May, 2014, 02:09:20 PM
Just had somebody post this to the 2000AD original art group on facebook; needless to say, he has been removed.

He's not the only one  ::)

Dash Decent

This guy sells scanned copies of old Fleetway titles (and lots more besides) as PDFs on disk or memory stick.

He's selling a digital Action, Starlord and Tornado collection and his free downloads include a copy of Starlord with Ro-busters and Strontium Dog in it.

http://www.yootha.com/free-pdf-download-23-w.asp
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

A thread has already been deleted on this.

Steve Green

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

It feels like it whenever I talk about the deficiencies of Kickstarters, so I'm used to it...