Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

This seller has stacks of iron-on patches: Click

There's the Helm biochip, SD badge, 2000AD logo, various Dredd patches (including the Stallone movie version).

This seller has a Souther "upward arrow" patch: Click

Are these legitimate?  They look pretty good.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

glassstanley

Not sure is this counts, but the latest issue of Viz is running a Big Dave strip. About a big thug called Dave.

johnnystress

Just came across this blast from the past. Captain Crisp was a short lived character and crisp brand here in Ireland. Notable for being a complete Dredd rip off.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: johnnystress on 31 May, 2015, 06:13:52 PM
Just came across this blast from the past. Captain Crisp was a short lived character and crisp brand here in Ireland. Notable for being a complete Dredd rip off.

Does this make Sam Spudz a Sam Slade rip-off...

judda fett

A.Cow

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2015, 07:19:00 PM

Um ... I'm guessing you've never heard of Sam Spade, private detective, played by Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon (1941)?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: A.Cow on 01 June, 2015, 11:52:09 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2015, 07:19:00 PM

Um ... I'm guessing you've never heard of Sam Spade, private detective, played by Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon (1941)?

Last I heard of him he was working the same beat as Philip Marlowe. Neither of them were involved in spuds or robots. Sam Spudz, however...

ThryllSeekyr

I recently purchased sown on patches of the 2000AD logo and Slaine logo....

Showed them off and talked about them here

I think their awesome and frankly do not care if they are some sort of infringement  to here.

Maybe Rebellion should consider making they turn out to be popular.

BTW I have since found my Slaine beanie nearly a fortnight ago and have since lost/had it misplaced or stolen since the last Monday.

I happened right after I got back shopping and had took the thing off the moment I got inside the house. I must have put it down somewhere in the narrow living space between the back door and the way to my room. Yeah, they're are not many places I would have missed the thing and could for the life of me even find the thing when I proceeded to search back and fourth between the entrance and my room. How bloody frustrated I got  and still am that it could be found.
I find it underneath anything or under one of couch cushions like I did last time I found it. I will know that some body is messing me around.

Our garage, which currently holds a lot of junk or stuff that couldn't be thrown out is kind of dark and a excellent place to hide if you have access to our house. The door is also permanently left open because my imbecilic father has fixed it that way. 

He also refuses to build a proper fence around our house. This attracts theft.

Jim_Campbell

Forgive me for being a bit of a killjoy, but I thought the point of this thread was to provide an easy point of reference for The Powers That Be to notified of iffy eBay DVDs full of back issues or unlicensed t-shirts, prints and the like...?

If we're just going to clog it up with 'this thing from 2000AD sort of resembles this thing that isn't from 2000AD' that might be better off in the 'Swipe File' thread, then it's going to rather defeat its own purpose, isn't it?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Fungus

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 June, 2015, 07:19:53 AM
The door is also permanently left open because my imbecilic father has fixed it that way. 
He also refuses to build a proper fence around our house. This attracts theft.

Public announcements help too.

JudgeOiNK!

Apologies if this person has been mentioned before but I see he's selling digital scans of every issue of 2000AD.  He puts up to 150 issues (including annuals and specials) on to each CD for a tenner.  He's also advertising as including right up to the latest issue.  There can be no doubt he's making money off illegal scans.  I've reported him to eBay a while back but he's just resisted yet again:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-DIGITAL-COMIC-COLLECTION-COMPLETE-/171816425635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item28010e98a3
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce