Main Menu

Zorro of Tomorrow?

Started by Strontium Claw, 27 April, 2011, 10:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium Claw

Take a much loved classic character.
Strip away everything that made it unique.
Shoehorn into generic post-apocalyptic future setting.

Ladies & Gentlemen coming soon: "Zorro Reborn"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/04/zorro-reborn-movie-rpin-banderas-reboot-future.html

JayzusB.Christ

I prefer the title of your thread to the idea of the film.  Still, you never know - it might work.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Well its hard to pass judgement on something so early in its development... but I'm gonna aren't I.

Not at all sure about this. Zorro's early 19th century Spanish setting is certainly one of the main things that intrigues me about the character. The world and struggle in which it is set goes a long way to defining him. Sure there's the whole playboy fop used as a disguise to hide the man driven to defeat injustice... but cast that into the future (or at least Zorro's future) and don't you get Batman (or at least one interpretation of Batman depending on how you like your Bruce Wayne). Okay so casting him into a different future with potentially different struggles may cast him in a different light or still work etc but will it still retain the things that make Zorro uniquely what he is or will be just become a generic masked crime fighter given a Zorroesque look cos its frankly very cool?

Still should wait to see what happens.