Main Menu

Battlefield 3

Started by Radbacker, 26 October, 2011, 01:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

some one in oz broke the embargo so i was able to pick this up today, looks a million times better than the demo and even better when you put the hi-res pack on your Hard Disk (on the Xbox vewrsion anyway).  That classic Battlefield gameplay with a state of the art engine, only played Multiplayer so far so no comment on the single player campaign.  level 3 in multi at the moment really enjoying the new support class it was the Medic In BC2 but now he drops the ammo for your squad, his guns pretty shitty on the move but lethal when you drop the Bi-pod (as it should be, always thought the LMG's were a bit too like the assault rifles in BC2).  It calls to me now, back to the front!

CU Radbacker (Look for DardyCrab on the fields)

Dr Feeley Good

Can't wait to get this !

Gothmog

Me too.  PC version for me but think my PC had a panic attack at the thought of it and started crashing all over the place this week.
Looks like my boot drive is rapidly falling apart so got windows reinstalled on another drive/partition as temporary fix and a new drive is racing Battlefield 3 to my door.

Devons Daddy

I have not played the battlefield series,

tempted,
sell my on why its a good purchase oh mighty hive mind. you have never led me astray yet.,
Been a C.O.D MW follower myself, but willing to add balance.why is this a great game. not looking for comparison. just why its good. please.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Darren Stephens

Got this on 360 too. really great multiplayer. Like RadBacker, I've given the single player a miss as usual. Bit of an issue getting into a game at the mo though. Seems this is always the way with new releases.  :|
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Radbacker

first watch these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedRhcpOsuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DM7NsxOS0Q

If your into multiplayer i think its just a whole extra level above the MW games.  Multiple classes that mean something (Assault carries med packs and resusitation gear, Egineer At weaponry and vehical fiximg stuff, Support has the LMG, Ammopacks and several other cool gadgets final class os recon which is the sniper class and everyone knows sniper are wankers).  Tanks, Helicopters, Jets, Jeeps all on the same battlefield its leads to alsorts of glorious situations (just tonight i shot a Stinger into a Helicopter which then spun out of control and hit by a passing jet netting me a cool 400+ points and looking really cool.  And if youdont have the reactions to battle directly against other people you can spend your time laying mines, dropping medpacks, resusitating fallen, even just laying into an area with an LMG can net you points (suppression), I've finished games on top of ladder with only 5 or 6 kills its very well balanced for team play.

If multiplayer isn't your thing (madness i say, try it you'll be addicted) I haven't gone too far into the single player but it seems to be very MW'ish.  Lots of over the top set pieces, on rails bits, if anything it suffers from a cliched story but then none of the MW games have spectaculatr stories (though I did like the framing device used in Black Ops).  It definatly looks the biz as you can see from the vids above, the PC version is absolutly one of the best looking games ever (i've seen it on a mates $5000 gaming rig) and the Xbox version does a good job considering all the enviromental destruction it deals with.

My game of the year but then it always was going to be as i put over 300 hours into BF:Badcompany 2 pretty much to the detrement of all my other gaming.
Long winded hard sell over, get it its fun.

CU Radbacker

Radbacker

Mr Stephens I believe ther is an issue with the auto matchmacking at the moment, i haven't had any problems but they say you can fix it by going to the servers rather than auto matchmake.

CU Radbacker

mogzilla

single player is average,i dont have gold so no multiplayer for me! they copied the black ops soldier bloke being "debriefed/interrogated by cia types and play the misions in flashback ...its ok but i dont really get excited with fps as i used to but saying that i loved the bad company series it had story and engaging humuous characters...all these "modern warfare" games are a bit po faced..

Devons Daddy

YOU HAVE SOLD ME.
I am not that into the multiplayer, but this sounds worthy of my $$$$
this will be finding itself below the christmas tree for my son this year. I do believe he will be placing the new assassins creed under there for me.  :D

thankyou oh great hivemind.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

I, Cosh

So, there's a trailer for this on tv at the moment and they keep missing out the word "bitch" from the song. Isn't it Jay-Z's freedom that you're all fighting to defend here?
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

I'd like to think that calling her a "_____" only reinforces Mr Carter's assertion that this woman is not one of his myriad problems.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

strontiumdawg

I could use some more team play friendly BF3 friends so if anyone on XBOX fancies teaming up send me a PM with your live username :)

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Been playing since BF1942 and this is the best yet. You do need team mates to play with its a squad based game for sure.

PC addicts want to add me please do always up for a killing spree or three :)

Add xER0hOUR
Never rub another mans rhubarb