Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Professor Bear

Caroline someone.  She had a sketch show of some description and she was on Dr Who.

Quote from: sauchie on 28 March, 2013, 07:40:44 PMthat series is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

There are five episodes of Gilbert's Fridge available on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mittymutu/videos

Spikes

Quote from: Mardroid on 24 March, 2013, 09:09:05 PM
In the Flesh tonight on BBC3 at 10.

This sounds interesting. Havent checked the i-player yet, but i guess itll be on that.

Frank

The radio version of Knowing Me, Knowing You is getting a repeat. It's brilliant; although most UK radio and TV presenters have subsequently adopted Partridge's style and tone, which gives the whole thing the air of a Black Mirror-style warning of how things could go wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b009h7n0/Knowing_Me_Knowing_You_Episode_3/

Link Prime

Joan Harris returns to Sky Atlantic in 5 mins.
2 hour season opener....ohhhh yeahhhh.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Film 4 is having a Sci Fi day so there's

Silent Running 16:50,

Planet of the Apes the Charlton Heston classic at 18:40. 'Beware the beast man...'

and Ridley Scott's ALIEN is on at 21:00.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

johnnystress

I hadn't seen Silent Running in year. What a great film.

I enjoyed 20,000000 miles from Earth earlier-I can't believe I never even heard of it until now. The plot was pretty standard fare but I loved the stop motion alien.

War of The Worlds is always enjoyable- I only realised this year that Independence Day is a reworking of it...still blushing over that

Alien this evening, even though I know it off my heart.

I could get used to tehese sci-fi movie Saturdays

smilersaltash

Finally gave in and bought a blu ray player so that I could justify buying the Alien boxset today. Am more than a little frustrated that Sony don't mention that they are too kin tight to supply an hdmi cable on the outer packaging. So had to resort to watching the box. Whilst aimlessly flicking through the channels, found Two Headed Shark Attack on Movies 24. This is so monumentally bad it makes compelling viewing.

Hawkmumbler

Deep End is on in the wee hours of wednesday morning on film4. If, like me, you suffer from a heavy work load and an inability to sleep afterwords, it's certainly worth a watch. If not, record it. Quite simply I can put into words what atruely stunning film it is.

Mardroid

A new Science Fiction series: Defiance starts tomorrow on the Syfy channel at 9pm.

Looks interesting...

Ghastly McNasty

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 April, 2013, 05:13:30 PM
A new Science Fiction series: Defiance starts tomorrow on the Syfy channel at 9pm.

The wife just mentioned she wanted to watch it. Woo hoo. 15 years of hard graft have finally paid off ;)

Does look interesting indeed. Not sure about the game tie-in.

Goaty

Airplane on FilmFour! I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

COMMANDO FORCES

There is only one show to watch tonight and that is the one Michael worked on!

DA VINCI'S DEMONS

Goaty

Only got Freeview! Sorry Michael!

Professor Bear

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 April, 2013, 05:13:30 PM

Looks interesting...

I got three minutes into that show before I turned it off.  Utterly awful.
Did manage to watch all the way through eventually, and it is basically that dinosaur show from a year or so back, only without the dinosaurs so the budget stays low, and when they do finally have an action setpiece, it's completely CGI and on the level of a PS2 intro.