Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

Re: Threadjacking!

« Reply #7438 on: 17 March, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »
I picked up some very, very, very, very, very, VERY, very, very, very dark blue socks today.

Obviously not a priest
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Dandontdare

If you want something to make you feel REALLY old - today is William Shatner's 90th birthday  :o

The Legendary Shark

Cripes. If his bladder's anything like mine, these days he'll certainly be going where no one's gone before.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 March, 2021, 05:45:00 PM

Cripes. If his bladder's anything like mine, these days he'll certainly be going where no one's gone before.
:lol:

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Here, I think a wee word of appreciation for the mods/admins is in order.

I'm sure I'm not the only handsome dickhead that doesn't use social media and hasn't had access to a pub to vent their nonsense.

Thanks for tolerating my bullshit. I'd buy ye a pint but I live across the sea and *broad gesture at the world right now*
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Mea culpa - I've made a few dick moves on the board in the past month or so, on reflection. Trying to do better and not get so rankled about the minor stuff. Reminds me of an old sketch [that contains expletives].
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I lost my rag today - and yeah the Mods do deserve credit for keeping calm heads and an even handed approach.

I also want to say to Legendary Shark - hoping you are checking in.

I lost my rag today. I disagree completely with some significent things you say - and I'm not going to pretend I think it was wrong to call them out. That said I don't think this forum is the place for that and so I tend to keep away from such stuff normally. But today I failed miserably and what I wanted to say came out in snark and snide comments that lacked any dignity for which I am sorry.

Hope you are okay.

Colin

JayzusB.Christ

I haven't always been civil on this board either, but I swear to Grud remembering this cartoon has saved me a few times from losing the plot on other threads.  The difference for me is that I live alone, and as such am both voices.  Of course, sometimes the sillier me on the right wins.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 30 March, 2021, 10:51:11 PM
Relevant XKCD

Ooh, now that's clever.  I thought about how it would need to continue to [spoiler] infinity to really work, then I clicked on the link.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

In CSS code you can apply padding to an element individually, by side, like this:

padding-top: 3px;
padding-bottom: 2px; /*I know, padding-bottom is funny*/
padding-left: 3px;
padding-right: 3px;

OR, you can do it all in one, like this:

padding: 3px 3px 2px 3px;

The problem is that it's difficult to know which of those four values is the top, bottom, left or right. The secret to this conundrum is to remember your Star Trek - and, in particular, The Trouble With Tribbles, because the order is Top, Right, Bottom, Left.

The TRouBLe with TRiBbLes!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Fecking tribbles!  I do remember the Star Trek episodes in question, but I'm more familiar with them from a ridiculously difficult, if not impossible, room from Jet Set Willy 2.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dog Deever

A car got firebombed across the road a couple of nights ago, it was a fair blaze even though it was hosing with rain. It got carted away yesterday and was absolutely gutted. Local gossip is that 4 petrol bombs were used which seems remarkably inefficient. I did hear a loud bang like a car windscreen getting hit so I can only assume the first one didn't go through and the other minor bangs afterwards were the remaining petrol bombs being thrown at the vehicle.
It wasn't even that long before the cops arrived- taking so long and having to use so many seems like stupid risk- a ceramic bit off a spark plug will go through a car side window like a hot knife through butter (a molotov is just gonnae break on a reinforced window) and with access to flammable interiors it would be more of 'one and done' then hoof it doon the road.
Still, despite poor performance rating there was at least some excitement for a while. Word is the car belonged to a guy who just a few months ago was knocking round doors to see if anyone had seen his car getting vandalised just outside my house- apparently someone spray painted it and keyed the shit out of it.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JayzusB.Christ

'Kinell.  Hope everyone was alright.  Wonder if insurance covers that kind of thing?  Similar things used to happen a lot in the estate where I used to live.  I don't really miss it.