Main Menu

THE RIVER

Started by Emp, 19 October, 2012, 11:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

Has this managed to keep anyones interest? I struggled with the first episode and gave up 20 minutes into the second. So many things i found annoying about the show....the bloody handheld camera style, the unlikeable cast and the <beeping> of any swearing...eith swear or don't for fuck sake!

Yet another series hyped as Steven Spielberg presents, a phrase I have now taken to mean it's going to be shite.

Professor Bear

It actually gets worse.  There's an episode where the black chap runs off into the jungle where there aren't any cameras except the one he's carrying, and we still see him from different camera angles.  It also ends on a cliffhanger and then got cancelled, so it goes absolutely nowhere.  Dreadful show.

COMMANDO FORCES

Excellent! Thanks for the info as I watched the first episode and thought this is bollocks but it may get better. Now I know it doesn't, I can cancel the series link :D

Mudcrab

Heh, I was impressed (ish) with the first one but the second was just annoying. There seems to be a trend of anything Speilberg's involved with being crap e.g. Terra Nova, then this. Although he is involved with Falling Skies isn't he? I like that, although similar annoyances abound in it.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

SmallBlueThing

I didnt realise this was still going! I confess to not having watched since back in the day, when David Essex was the star. I used to love his white shirt, black waistcoat and hat combo so much, it became a bit of a uniform for a while.

SBT

Link Prime

I'd consider myself a "Genre TV' & horror fan in general, but this was forced, risible tosh.
Didn't even make it til the end of the first episode- a rare overreaction on my part.
Didn't know it had already been cancelled- not surprised in the least.

Emp

Well since that went well and i feel vindicated for cancelling the season link, whats the view of Continuum?

I ask cus i am rapidly running out of room on the sky hard drive and need to make room.