Prog 1817

Started by moly, 26 January, 2013, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

The Monarch

Did someone say Beano/2000ad crossover

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 January, 2013, 11:49:06 AM
Fair enough, I stand corrected. a line about jimps as they went in might have helped? only saying  :D

There was the obligatory declarative line about the crime: "Impersonating a Judge. Using the uniform for entertainment purposes. You're looking at five in a cube!" [cue joke].

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 January, 2013, 05:46:30 PM
Enjoyed the Dredd story, maybe [spoiler]Fear claiming his Homophobic Dad was a bit too on-the-nose, possibly?[/spoiler]

I agree, but only in the execution of it; to the extent that the text was basically repeating what the pictures were showing us - better too - otherwise I like the image and the suggestion of what the father might be seeing in [spoiler]Fear's gaze[/spoiler] and then the kid's reaction. I didn't need the words to spell it out.

Minor nitpick but I otherwise love the story.

Goaty

It okay Prog.

Dredd story was good and funny with Dredd's Daystick!

Other strips was enjoyable, but one thing I found very very weird!

on Page 10, of Savage, as a "red shirt" man got shot, got goatee beard, and his name was Gary (which is my real name!) And few panels down Savage joking reply "I am a bit of Deaf".

I was gasp when read that page!

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 January, 2013, 12:55:15 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 26 January, 2013, 05:46:30 PM
Enjoyed the Dredd story, maybe [spoiler]Fear claiming his Homophobic Dad was a bit too on-the-nose, possibly?[/spoiler]

I agree, but only in the execution of it; to the extent that the text was basically repeating what the pictures were showing us - better too - otherwise I like the image and the suggestion of what the father might be seeing in [spoiler]Fear's gaze[/spoiler] and then the kid's reaction. I didn't need the words to spell it out.

Minor nitpick but I otherwise love the story.

Shame it couldn't be done at a jumping on prog, rather than a few weeks into storylines and even those are continuations of ongoing stories.

Not a problem for long-term readers but a bit off-putting for new ones I'd imagine.

Judo

Enjoyed the prog as much as always this week and an especially top notch cover.  Shame after all robs over the top 'dredd might be gay' announcement that the story was quite pedestrian.  Gays as victims running about in bdsm clubs?  hmm -__- t'was ok but hmm not exactly breaking any stereotypes and just seemed a deliberate shock tactic.  Much prefer Devlin Waugh and this story would have suited Devvy a lot better than dredd.

...sexy art but ;) x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 January, 2013, 03:18:12 PM

Not a problem for long-term readers but a bit off-putting for new ones I'd imagine.

Considering the size of the media reaction - maybe they didn't think it would be so wide - it would've been ideal as a jumping-on-prog.

Link Prime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 January, 2013, 10:41:33 PM

Considering the size of the media reaction - maybe they didn't think it would be so wide - it would've been ideal as a jumping-on-prog.

I was thinking the same Joe.
My LCS had sold out of this weeks Prog by 6pm.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

I wan't another Devlin Waugh series! NOW!  :lol:

Dan Kelly

Shame it couldn't be done at a jumping on prog, rather than a few weeks into storylines and even those are continuations of ongoing stories.

That was basically my thought.  Great Dredd, great publicity, would have been nice to have the other stories in a position to draw newcomers in, but that's not Molchers fault  :D

Molch-R

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 31 January, 2013, 09:44:20 AM
That was basically my thought.  Great Dredd, great publicity, would have been nice to have the other stories in a position to draw newcomers in, but that's not Molchers fault  :D

I just take what Tharg gives me and try to spin gold ;)

Steve Green

"Not Molcher's fault?"

It'll never catch on ;)

Richmond Clements