Main Menu

Dredd Comic For Kids

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 11 August, 2019, 01:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 09 July, 2020, 01:36:42 PMWhen it comes to Lawman of the Future, I have to rein in my enthusiasm for a comic that- everyone it seems- thinks was rubbish. Personally, I have always loved it.

I bought the first two issues and wasn't impressed (not enough to keep buying, anyway - but there was a bit more JD (film) related merchandise than I could keep up to for a few brief months in 1995).  When I started my prog slog I bought a set of them (along with Tornado).  I see there's quite a few creators who went on to greater things (uh, the prog) so I shall keep an open mind.  Having said that, my prog slog blog is currently in 1983, so I should get to 1995 in, um... 20 months or so time.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 July, 2020, 01:48:02 PM
I quite liked it. I've never understood the hate for the title (unlike DC's abysmal Dredd, and the crap IDW regularly spews).

I almost agree with you regarding the licenced stories, except I'd caveat with the ongoing monthly titles - I liked Legends of the Law and more than half of IDW's mini-series.

IndigoPrime

I recall Legends merely being less awful, but still not good. Some of IDW's mini-series are OK, but of those I've read only Ewing's bonkers Mars Attacks crossovers, McCrea's Deviations, and Matt Smith's stuff have for me risen above the dross.