Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

Chapter 3 is my favourite so far, never been the biggest fan of Bobba Fett but really liking Mando.  And me in gott [spoiler]the pure unadulterated fan service that was the last 5 minutes of this episode was spectacular, Madalorians everywhere [/spoiler]

CU Radbacker

radiator

People calling him 'Mando' is one of my least favourite things about the series so far. Just sounds quite cheesy to my ears.

I know dialogue has never been any iteration of Star Wars' strong suit, but something about the dialogue in this particular series seems a bit wonky, it's probably the weakest aspect of the whole production so far. In fact, it strikes me that they could have basically done this entire series with no dialogue at all, and it would still be perfectly possible to follow the story just fine through music and visuals alone. How bold would that have been?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 25 November, 2019, 02:59:50 AM
People calling him 'Mando' is one of my least favourite things about the series so far. Just sounds quite cheesy to my ears.

Surely this is a deliberate call-out to the spaghetti westerns the series is paying homage to?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Krakajac

It's been suggested that the actor Sebastian Stan has
more than a passing resemblance to Mark Hamill (circa ESB/ROTJ).  I wonder what the chances might be of a post-ROTJ Luke making a cameo in the series? :)

Wishful thinking perhaps!

matty_ae

Three episodes in and I'm not sure how this show could have been better.
It's massively surpassed my expectations and proved tonally there is alot of mileage left in both the franchise as a whole and in the grungier side of the galaxy.

I know Lucasfilm had commissioned over 50 scripts for Underworld that never made it. I'm wondering if this show benefitted from all the stuff/pre-viz that didnt get used on that. Cos if not and Jon Favreau started from scratch, he has done amazing George Lucas level work here.

broodblik

Quote from: matty_ae on 25 November, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
Three episodes in and I'm not sure how this show could have been better.
It's massively surpassed my expectations and proved tonally there is alot of mileage left in both the franchise as a whole and in the grungier side of the galaxy.

Yes, I agree. Really enjoying the show much better than the Disney War movies made the last few years.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Quote from: matty_ae on 25 November, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
Jon Favreau ... has done amazing George Lucas level work here.

Excellent use of the back-hand, there.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 November, 2019, 07:28:54 AM
Quote from: radiator on 25 November, 2019, 02:59:50 AM

Surely this is a deliberate call-out to the spaghetti westerns the series is paying homage to?

Could be worse too: I recall 'Mandy' being used as a nickname for Mandalorians in some corner of the Expanded Universe. 'Mando' conveys the correct uneasy blend of respect and contempt for a representative of a once-powerful culture.  Or so people who have watched the show legally have indicated to me.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 November, 2019, 01:56:50 PM
... so people who have watched the show legally have indicated to me.

TordelBack's come over to the Dark Side!

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 25 November, 2019, 02:12:14 PM

Have ever considering joining the Hutts, their deals are more lucrative......

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Pffft, the real Dark Side is ignoring The Mandalorian (even though you'd probably love it) due to Last-Jedi-apathy syndrome.

Stay on Target - with hate.  ;)

Dandontdare

I'm ignoring it and I loved TLJ -  I just can't work up any interest for a TV series based on one of the more boring of the secondary characters from the original movies, and it isn't even him just a clone that looks like him.

TordelBack

Your narrow structuralist view of the Force will be your undoing. 

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 November, 2019, 03:29:53 PM
I'm ignoring it and I loved TLJ -  I just can't work up any interest for a TV series based on one of the more boring of the secondary characters from the original movies, and it isn't even him just a clone that looks like him.

It's not a clone... and you're honestly missing a treat. Or you will be. When it comes out over here. So I'm told.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 November, 2019, 03:29:53 PM

My feelings too. Bounty Hunters one of the least interesting bits of Star Wars. But all of these rave reviews are making me think twice.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!