Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 28 November, 2020, 03:47:45 PM

Speaking from experience, I presume...?

Let's just say I haven't had such a dopamine release in my nucleus accumbens since my early twenties.

On a related note, a warning to all - if you're going to drink while watching this show, have someone ban you from the internet for the duration.

Turned up today. *facepalm*

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

sheridan

Arrr, loth-cat figure :-)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Just got caught up again. The latest episode reminded me of my DnD sessions, where Al (my DM) was pouring so much deep lore into the session, thesping the fuck out if the NPC they had put so much thought into, but I just wanted [spoiler]the cool spear[/spoiler] and next mission checkpoint.
You may quote me on that.

Trooper McFad

Just watched the latest one and I have to agree that this keeps knocking it out the park. Being pedantic [spoiler]how come she still has her 2 light sabre's ?[/spoiler] I just recently finished Clone Wars and I wonder if they will bring in other characters who survived those especially the one that "died" many years before?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 06:25:40 AM
Just watched the latest one and I have to agree that this keeps knocking it out the park. Being pedantic [spoiler]how come she still has her 2 light sabre's ?[/spoiler] I just recently finished Clone Wars and I wonder if they will bring in other characters who survived those especially the one that "died" many years before?

She doesn't [spoiler]'still'[/spoiler] have them - they're new ones.  The casual observe might think that Ahsoka has had [spoiler]eight lightsabres[/spoilers], but she's actually had [spoiler]two sets of two[/spoiler].  The first one [spoiler](self-constructed) was green, the second, also self-constructed, was yellow-green, they were tinkered with by Anakin and so ended up blue.  She left those on a moon after Order 66 to fake her death, but then constructed a new pair from the (red) lightsabre of an inquisitor but purified them and so they ended up white[/spoiler].

sheridan

In short, continuity is important, dammit!  I forgot to say 'um actually' though, so no points to me.

Incidentally, my mention of 'um actually' in the more geeky threads is a reference to an online game show which I advise you all to check out.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2020, 11:50:44 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 06:25:40 AM

She doesn't [spoiler]'still'[/spoiler] have them - they're new ones.  The casual observe might think that Ahsoka has had [spoiler]eight lightsabres[/spoilers], but she's actually had [spoiler]two sets of two[/spoiler].  The first one [spoiler](self-constructed) was green, the second, also self-constructed, was yellow-green, they were tinkered with by Anakin and so ended up blue.  She left those on a moon after Order 66 to fake her death, but then constructed a new pair from the (red) lightsabre of an inquisitor but purified them and so they ended up white[/spoiler].

Thanks for clearing that up 👍🏻 Do you know or think the "spikey" one would make an appearance in the Mandalorin as knowing his history with the Mandalores?

TordelBack

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
Do you know or think the "spikey" one would make an appearance in the Mandalorin as knowing his history with the Mandalores?

He's definitely, absolutely, no-kidding, no take-backs this time, dead at this point in the timeline, but no reason we couldn't have flashback sequences or ghosts...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2020, 12:30:15 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
Do you know or think the "spikey" one would make an appearance in the Mandalorin as knowing his history with the Mandalores?

He's definitely, absolutely, no-kidding, no take-backs this time, dead at this point in the timeline, but no reason we couldn't have flashback sequences or ghosts...

Then I'm confused as the last scene he is in the clone wars is him flying off after she fights him!

JOE SOAP

Since we saw the body, and it was Filoni that did the deed, I don't think there's much chance of him coming back.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 12:37:06 PMThen I'm confused as the last scene he is in the clone wars is him flying off after she fights him!

He's in Rebels.

Professor Bear

NO BACKSIES.

I will still bet good monay that some people will insist his copping it doesn't count because it happened in a cartoon.

wedgeski

I was never into the EU and still haven't watched most of Clone Wars or Rebels...but even I could hear the sound of a thousand fanboys squeejing in delight during the last episode. :)

I could have done with the [spoiler]lightsaber combat[/spoiler] to have more sizzle but overall, another blinder. If this is the model for Star Wars TV going forward, we might just be on the cusp of Star Wars rediscovering its cool.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 30 November, 2020, 12:40:40 PM
NO BACKSIES.

I will still bet good monay that some people will insist his copping it doesn't count because it happened in a cartoon.

I hesitate to use the word 'logic' in connection with SW fandom, but by that logic he was never 'resurrected', either, surely?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 November, 2020, 12:38:12 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2020, 12:37:06 PMThen I'm confused as the last scene he is in the clone wars is him flying off after she fights him!

He's in Rebels.

That's interesting as I've just started that. I thought that in Clone Wars it gave him a bit more menace than he had in TPM. I actually really started to like the character.